Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sydneyite

Scenic bus from Budapest to Prague

Recommended Posts

We are going on a Scenic river cruise on 3rd July from Amsterdam to Budapest and then with the Prague add-on. Does anyone know if there is a toilet onboard the coach or do they just make stops on the way.? I know it’s a long coach ride.

Edited by Sydneyite
Mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I mentioned on another post of yours, I would call Scenic and check.  I haven't done a river cruise with them yet, not til October, but my parents have done quite a few.

 

Mum said that there was a toilet on all their buses, and unlike a lot of bus toilets, they were able to be used.  She said it was fairly small, and a bit difficult while the bus is moving, but it could certainly be used and she did use it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Europe, on all long distance bus journeys there will be a toilet for "emergency" use. The toilets are very small, hardly no place to turn around and very cramped, with a limited supply of water (about 80 liters). When the water has been used or the waste tank is full then the toilet is out of bounds.

 

The journey time is about 5 1/2 hours so there will vertainly be stops along the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, djh1959 said:

As I mentioned on another post of yours, I would call Scenic and check.  I haven't done a river cruise with them yet, not til October, but my parents have done quite a few.

 

Mum said that there was a toilet on all their buses, and unlike a lot of bus toilets, they were able to be used.  She said it was fairly small, and a bit difficult while the bus is moving, but it could certainly be used and she did use it.

 

10 hours ago, G.M.T. said:

In Europe, on all long distance bus journeys there will be a toilet for "emergency" use. The toilets are very small, hardly no place to turn around and very cramped, with a limited supply of water (about 80 liters). When the water has been used or the waste tank is full then the toilet is out of bounds.

 

The journey time is about 5 1/2 hours so there will vertainly be stops along the way.

Thank you both. I guess if that’s the case I had better use it early on. I always worry on long trips so I am keeping my fingers crossed the river levels will be ok and we won’t have to do part coach journeys.

I will ring Scenic about my queries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Sydneyite said:

...I guess if that’s the case I had better use it early on...

This is rather missing the point. The toilet is provided for essentially emergency use. “Early on” one should have just used the facilities available before boarding. If multiple people use the bus toilet “early on” it will not be available when emergency arises. 

 

Typically rest stops of ~15 minutes are scheduled at two hour intervals at locations with decent restrooms and a convenience store. I would expect 2 scheduled intermediate stops during a 6 hour trip. It is entirely possible that unscheduled stops might be made upon request. I would expect there to be a Scenic representative/ guide on the bus and a request to them should result in their asking the driver about the possibility of an unscheduled stop. 

 

The bus bus toilet will not be serviced during the trip. If it is full before the first scheduled stop it will be out of commission for the entire trip. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, TravelerThom said:

This is rather missing the point. The toilet is provided for essentially emergency use. “Early on” one should have just used the facilities available before boarding. If multiple people use the bus toilet “early on” it will not be available when emergency arises. 

 

Typically rest stops of ~15 minutes are scheduled at two hour intervals at locations with decent restrooms and a convenience store. I would expect 2 scheduled intermediate stops during a 6 hour trip. It is entirely possible that unscheduled stops might be made upon request. I would expect there to be a Scenic representative/ guide on the bus and a request to them should result in their asking the driver about the possibility of an unscheduled stop. 

 

The bus bus toilet will not be serviced during the trip. If it is full before the first scheduled stop it will be out of commission for the entire trip. 

Agree 100%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...