Cruise Critic Community
happy cruzer

Just a thought for those willing to bid $500 or more each for Haven upgrade

So if you are willing to bid $500 or more to be in Haven, what could that money buy if you stay in say a balcony sail away cabin?

You could buy specialty dining, drinks, spa or Vibe.  What would you buy if your bid is "rejected"?

Thanks for all input.

Edited by happy cruzer

55 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

So if you are willing to bid $500 or more to be in Haven, what could that money buy if you stay in say a balcony sail away cabin?

You could buy specialty dining, drinks, spa or Vibe.  What would you buy if your bid is "rejected"?

Thanks for all input.

I have noticed that recent "winning" Haven bids are  much higher than last year. Couple that with Balcony/Mini Suite fares that are higher to begin with and the total to upgrade is too rich for me.. This past NYE by not having out winning bid accepted we saved $1250.00 PP plus tips for Butler and Concierge.. Purchased two Thermal spa passes and had a fantastic cruise. Did not miss Haven this time at all.. Been in Haven a few times. Rather stay in GenPop .. Instead of 2 cruises per year we are able to squeeze a 3rd with the money we save by not upgrading to Haven..

Yes,  I am thinking that saving the money to use otherwise is  going to be fun.  Especially since we are cruising when school is in session.  Spa would be nice  for me and Arcade for DH....

2 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Thanks for all input.

The issue w/ Vibe is less the cost and moreso, being on the ship early enough to get it, if you go to www.cruisewithgambee.com and read his review of the Escape it gives you a little insight on the competitiveness of getting Vibe passes.  

That being said - I had Vibe on my honeymoon and it was the absolute least my wife and I have ever done on a cruise, and it a good way, after the wedding week, sitting up there and relaxing, getting cold towels and fresh fruit brought to us, having an uncrowded bar to go to was EXACTLY what we needed.  

Now we have kids, so we're out of the bidding on Vibe, and we're going on our first Haven cruise next week (which we did successfully bid on.....$1300pp).  

3 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Thanks for all input.

Save the money for the next bid. 

BTW: you would need more than double the $500 minimum bid to win a Haven room. Lots and lots of people bidding on a very limited number of rooms.