Which ships have larger balconies?

homeofthehound

Hi, we have cruised with Princess and HAL many times, but we are thinking of trying NCL for the first time. The first itinerary I looked at is on the Getaway, and when I checked out the balcony size (for a regular cabin, not a suite etc.), I was very disappointed with how small they are in depth. So my question is, do any of the NCL fleet have larger balconies, which could be a starting point for my planning? We don't need a massive balcony but something deep enough that you could kick out your legs in front of you without touching the glass or so that someone could pass in front of your feet...??

Thanks in advance!

Basically, the Getaway and Breakaway have much smaller balconies than other NCL ships. Outside of those two ships, all balconies are a good enough size for you to sit comfortably, although they are still smaller than some other lines apparently.

As stated above, even the Breakaway and Getaway do have some larger balconies (and some of those are huge).

I am happy with a standard sized balcony on every NCL ship except for the Breakaway or Getaway. On those two ships if I couldn’t get a large balcony I would probably just go for an ocean view.

The Escape and the Bliss have decent sized balconies. The Getaway balcony was tiny where your knees hit the glass. But like above... if you can get an angled balcony room which is the same price as a regular balcony room they are nice and roomy for the same cost.

7 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

I am happy with a standard sized balcony on every NCL ship except for the Breakaway or Getaway. On those two ships if I couldn’t get a large balcony I would probably just go for an ocean view.

Just want to second this!  Though some of the aft, angled, and "large" balconies are great, but if I couldn't get one I'd probably pick an ocean view and invest in a spa or vibe pass!

Also, as you are new to NCL, keep in mind the "mini-suites" on some ships are really not much different from regular cabins.  On the Escape, for instance, the bathrooms are larger but the cabin itself see only a negligible increase in size.  Nothing wrong with them and they may be a good fit for you, but you just want to make sure you understand what you are getting.