TV channels/movies

busy day

We were recently on the Jade.  Not much on the TV and same movies repeated all the time.  Doing a transatlantic next.  Little concerned about lack of selections.  Has anyone done this cruise before?  Can't imagine same movies over a 14 night cruise.  I know I'm not on the cruise for the TV but when one can't sleep TV is a plus.   Thanks in advance.

Download to a tablet and bring your own movies. 

I was actually quite pleased with TV on the Pearl.  NFL, NBA and NHL sometimes on delay, as well as multiple movie channels and movies.

I also used Audible so I spent s lot of time listening to my Library of books. 

Edited by Nola26
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, busy day said:

We were recently on the Jade.  Not much on the TV and same movies repeated all the time.  Doing a transatlantic next.  Little concerned about lack of selections.  Has anyone done this cruise before?  Can't imagine same movies over a 14 night cruise.  I know I'm not on the cruise for the TV but when one can't sleep TV is a plus.   Thanks in advance.

TV will be about the same. You’ll be reciting the lines from the movies after 14 days. 

New channels on Carnival are horrible.

CBS News channel instead of Fox or CNN. (OK by me. I never watch the biased news channels)

Kids channels are about the same.

They got rid of TNT Latin and other entertainment channels and the networks and went with HGTV, Food Network, and two other channels like those.

They also changed the 2 complimetary movie channels, from each channel playing one, pretty newly to DVD movie, every 3 hours all day, to a rotation of 4 movies on each channel, each day.

But the movies are 2-10 years old.

Last week, I got to see Guardians of the Galaxy (the first), the Proposal, etc..

I think the newest movie playing was Spider-man Homecoming. (a year and a half old?)

The evening movies in the lounge were the Vow and the Proposal. (both super old)

Watched the map channel almost anytime we were in the cabin.