Carnival Pride Delayed Tomorrow

CentralNY1

10 minutes ago, CentralNY1 said:

Just got notification that the Pride will be arriving late tomorrow at Baltimore. All arrival appointments have been pushed back two hours and there will be no priority boarding for platinum, diamond or FTTF. So bummed. 

DId you pay for FTTF? If so did you receive a refund? Did they tell you why? Will this affect your trip tomorrow? 

4 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

DId you pay for FTTF? If so did you receive a refund? Did they tell you why? Will this affect your trip tomorrow? 

Im platinum so nothing was paid.  They stated in the email the ship was running behind schedule and they could not make special accommodations for diamond, platinum, FTTF and suite guests due to terminal capacity limitations.  Everyone has to be on board by 1830hrs. Email states itinerary will not be affected. 

Edited by CentralNY1

1 minute ago, CentralNY1 said:

Im platinum so nothing was paid.  They stated in the email the ship was running behind schedule and they could not make special accommodations for diamond, platinum, FTTF and suite guests due to terminal capacity limitations.  Everyone has to be on board by 1830hrs. Email states itinerary will not be affected. 

You should call Carnival and ask for OBC. I know it is not their fault, however, as a Platinum member, the use of FTTF is critical? I assume since I am not Platinum yet.

3 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

You should call Carnival and ask for OBC. I know it is not their fault, however, as a Platinum member, the use of FTTF is critical? I assume since I am not Platinum yet.

Actually, in my opinion, it is their fault. The ship departed late yesterday from the dry dock facility in Freeport. It left at 6:50pm, which even sailing at top speed of approx 25 knots, isn’t sufficient enough to make an on time arrival. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CentralNY1 said:

Actually, in my opinion, it is their fault. The ship departed late yesterday from the dry dock facility in Freeport. It left at 6:50pm, which even sailing at top speed of approx 25 knots, isn’t sufficient enough to make an on time arrival. 

Well, in that case, you have all rights and grounds to stand on to complain to Carnival. I would be livid as well if I were you! But hey, at least you have a ship right off the dry dock!

Edited by jbethel11
Adding positive note at the end

3 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Well, in that case, you have all rights and grounds to stand on to complain to Carnival. I would be livid as well if I were you! But hey, at least you have a ship right off the dry dock!

I’m really not livid.  Things happen and I’ll still have a Guys burger in front of me tomorrow at some point. Lol. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, jwkde said:

You would think a ship coming out of drydock would have a quick turnaround since they do not have any passengers/luggage to unload in Baltimore

It's not a turnaround.  It's coming from drydock in Freeport and won't be in Baltimore on time.  I'm guessing that with her being in drydock, they probably will have to restock the freezers and refrigerators.  If so, there's a good chance they use all hands to do a full restock like that.   There might even be a crew turn around.  Lots of things can delay a cruise coming out of drydock.

Also, with the way their contracts are worded, they can change the cruise and there isn't a whole lot the passengers can do about it. 

Edited by RWolver672

Don't forget the scheduled arrival time is always 10am. Arriving late is common during the winter, it happened for a few of our Pride cruises. It may have left dry dock a little late. This is a small thing for guests leaving on a cruise and we have learned not to sweet the small things.  Late arrivals have a larger effect on people that have to fly home, in this case it may only effect crew leaving at the end of their contract. 

Enjoy your vacation and can't wait to hear about the ship's updates when you return. 

• Like 2

On 2/16/2019 at 8:45 PM, jwkde said:

You would think a ship coming out of drydock would have a quick turnaround since they do not have any passengers/luggage to unload in Baltimore

Speaking of drydock, how was your cruise post-drydock? Were the cabins nice? Or were they dated with ripped bed sheets? Was the ship rusty/falling apart?