Embarkation MDR Lunch

trbarton

9 minutes ago, trbarton said:

I saw this menu posted for the Crown Princess as a new Embarkation MDR Lunch. Has anyone seen this menu on their cruise?

Tom🤔

BB3058CF-972E-4C05-BBE7-DDAAE68DFB41.jpeg

I have not seen that for the embarkation lunch which has been very limited in offerings.

That looks like a regular lunch menu.

• Like 1

On turnaround day there are limited staff for the one DR that is open and a full complement in the buffet and other venues.

I have only seen 3 or 4 appetizers  3 or 4 mains and 1 or 2 desserts on the embarkation lunch menu.

That would be great if that is a new menu for ED.

I don't see my old standby salmon.  :classic_sad:

14 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Here’s the post with photo about the new MDR menu that was given out on the Embarkation Lunch in the MDR.... 

Perhaps it’s only on the Crown since other people have not seen this. 

Tom😀

Thank you for sharing, Tom! It’s a treat to see such menus and knowing I will be eating well on my upcoming cruise. 

Glenn

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, CynCyn said:

Is the dining room limited to elite passengers on embarkation? 

No, however it is only served from 12:00pm -1:30pm. The staff will try and direct you to the buffet but just go to the dining room listed in the Patter. It's so relaxing and a great way to start the cruise.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, OCruisers said:

Whatever the menu is at Da Vinci for lunch on Embarkation Day, it's better than going to the Buffet!  :classic_wink:

Hi LuLu,

You are sooooooo right about this one. Going to the  buffet on Embarkation Day is horrible!!! 

Tony

4 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi LuLu,

You are sooooooo right about this one. Going to the  buffet on Embarkation Day is horrible!!! 

Tony

Thanks, Tony, for saying to avoid the buffet on embarkation day.

Maybe we'll finally have a dance on some Princess ship sometimes.

We are booked on Crown Princess B2B (10 & 10)  in 2020 ... January 6th & 16th.

LuLu 

17 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi LuLu,

Tony

This rule is suspended if one has just embarked on the Regal, or the Royal. I HATE buffets with a passion, but I would actually make a point to always visit the buffet when on a Regal on a b2b and now that the Royal in now on the West coast, I’m really looking forward to the buffet on my Thanksgiving Cruise. -well for breakfast and lunch.. no way am I doing buffet for dinner! One has standards! 😉 

We were on the Crown last month and this was indeed our embarkation lunch menu.  The penne pasta was great.

We noticed that when the dining room was open for lunch, they would have a menu similar to this one.

We missed lunch one day and went to buffet and it was absolutely horrible.  Ended up going to the Salty dog grill for chicken sandwiches.

2 hours ago, tonit964 said:

No, however it is only served from 12:00pm -1:30pm. The staff will try and direct you to the buffet but just go to the dining room listed in the Patter. It's so relaxing and a great way to start the cruise.

Are the board times just ‘suggested’? I am not scheduled to board until 1:45-I think.

27 minutes ago, CynCyn said:

Are the board times just ‘suggested’? I am not scheduled to board until 1:45-I think.

Boarding times are only a suggestion. I many times arrive around 10-10:30 am so that when the terminal opens I can be one of the 1st group to board. 

By arriving early I beat the larger crowds by arriving earlier & have a little time without hordes of people onboard. 

Tom😀

6 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi LuLu,

Tony

You must board the ship relatively late. If you among the early people to board I've never experienced the sort of crowds you've hit. 

The DR may well be suited for some folks but it does take time for a sit down meal where we like to get to unpacking our clothes ASAP before muster. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, CynCyn said:

Yes, they are just a suggestion. You can arrive at whatever time you want and just wait until boarding starts.

For my upcoming cruise with my dad, we are on different decks and had different times but are driving together so we will board together. 

We are paying for day 1 (embarkation) so we like to arrive early and start our vacation.😉

Thanks all! Work had forced me to take a break from cruising.  Went back to it last May and taking the same (almost) cruise this year.  I feel like a newbie again.  Last year, I waited until suggested boarding and the ship was overrun, but I did enjoy the Princess Diana exhibit at the Queen Mary.  This year, I want to start my vacation as soon as possible!