Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
MichaelinME

Crown & Anchor Diamond Plus cutbacks continue!

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Yes, the Lounges are extremely popular places at Happy Hour, with empty seats few and not for long!  RCCL Loyalty program is a huge success.  Yes, any level may find an abrupt ending of a benefit when that decision is made.  We were not allowed to use the  CL lounges with the first change to Diamond level, no grandfather clause.  Now as the numbers swell for all ranks, you are sure to see more changes.  I am really surprised that RCCL didn't institute points awarded by $$$ spent and not just nights sailed.  A $60 a night inside cabin is hardly equal to $150 a night balcony but rewards the same.  Only the suites get double!  It seems that Celebrity has some kind of system rewarding type of cabin accommodations or $$$ spent.  Now, for our transatlantic cruise again and the lounge to be held in the Safari Lounge or Crown Lounge to accommodate the hundreds/thousands of Diamond - Pinnacle members doing another fun crossing!!!

See you at Happy Hour, try not to be grumpy and dress right, don't be so tacky folks.. LOLOLOLOL

Edited by lrskier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

You don't need to get into the theater fast in order to get a good seat for CATS.

 

Best seats are available after intermission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/13/2019 at 5:03 PM, frank808 said:

Had a very "nice" run in with a D member going into the D lounge this past Oct.  It was mind blowing to experience this sense of "entitlement".  I did and still laugh about it with my son 😂.

We had a similar experience on the Anthem.They block off part of the Music Hall for overflow for D Lounge. The bar was full with D, D+ and some Pinnacles. This lady comes in  pushes her way to the bar, slaps down her Diamond SeaPass card and declares I am Diamond get me such and such cocktail. Everyone just looks in astonishment as  everyone is D or higher. Ran into her in the MDR and she was just as rude there.

Edited by WeatherFx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, island lady said:

 

It's the most expensive piece of jewelry I own.  😉  Cost me a bunch over the years.  😄 

 

 

Well, that certainly an alternative way to look at it!😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

 

Best seats are available after intermission.

 

In my experience,  and I have more than most, the aisle seats are still rare after intermission.  Plus lots of good numbers in the beginning.

 

Do I need to go over the storyline with pictures again 🤔😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

In my experience,  and I have more than most, the aisle seats are still rare after intermission.  Plus lots of good numbers in the beginning.

 

Do I need to go over the storyline with pictures again 🤔😉

 

Please, I beg of you, no more!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, A2Mich said:

 

 

Well, that certainly an alternative way to look at it!😁

 

Please don't encourage him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BND said:

We have never worn our pins.  I accidentally threw out our D pins while on the cruise we received them.  They were in the stack of paper we get on every cruise and I just dumped it all.  Our D+ pins are still on the cards they came on and are in a box with our other cruise stuff in our guest room.  If we make it to Pinnacle (about halfway there now) we won't wear those either.  I know Pinns say they are asked to, but nope, not gonna.

 

We had the same idea as you. To only wear them when necessary. But after we became Pinnacle. We noticed the huge difference in the way the crew treated us. We are not "high maintenance" . We pretty much know  the ships by heart.  It was not an expected, but much appreciated perk. I couldn't give a "rats behind" about showing off to other cruisers. All I did was, have the time to cruise and be able to afford it. No real feat.  

But when a crew member sees the badge the go out of their way to please. And it's great to have recognition. If and when you make it you will see what I mean. The only time we don't wear them is when we go to the pool or go ashore. We realize not everything is going to be perfect. If something is really wrong we have no problem complaining to get it corrected. Which rarely happens. The badge means a lot to the staff. If you want something a little different in the windjammer just ask nicely and if possible they will accommodate.  One time I was waiting for them to bring out more minute steaks. An officer saw me and asked if he could help. I told him there was no problem, I was just waiting for the new batch to come out. He told me to show him where I was sitting. I told him I didn't mind waiting and that I needed to get one (more well done) for my wife. He insisted I go sit down. I did and in 5 minutes there he was with 3 steaks on the plate. The wife took a picture of his name tag, and we gave him a nice write up in a letter to M Bayley. Since that time we have given written praise quite a few times, whenever a crew person goes out of his or her way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rt1092 said:

We had the same idea as you. To only wear them when necessary. But after we became Pinnacle. We noticed the huge difference in the way the crew treated us. We are not "high maintenance" . We pretty much know  the ships by heart.  It was not an expected, but much appreciated perk. I couldn't give a "rats behind" about showing off to other cruisers. All I did was, have the time to cruise and be able to afford it. No real feat.  

But when a crew member sees the badge the go out of their way to please. And it's great to have recognition. If and when you make it you will see what I mean. The only time we don't wear them is when we go to the pool or go ashore. We realize not everything is going to be perfect. If something is really wrong we have no problem complaining to get it corrected. Which rarely happens. The badge means a lot to the staff. If you want something a little different in the windjammer just ask nicely and if possible they will accommodate.  One time I was waiting for them to bring out more minute steaks. An officer saw me and asked if he could help. I told him there was no problem, I was just waiting for the new batch to come out. He told me to show him where I was sitting. I told him I didn't mind waiting and that I needed to get one (more well done) for my wife. He insisted I go sit down. I did and in 5 minutes there he was with 3 steaks on the plate. The wife took a picture of his name tag, and we gave him a nice write up in a letter to M Bayley. Since that time we have given written praise quite a few times, whenever a crew person goes out of his or her way

 

I get that treatment without a badge/pin.  It's who they are and how they are trained.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

 

I get that treatment without a badge/pin.  It's who they are and how they are trained.

You rarely see an officer standing around in WJ on European sailings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

In my experience,  and I have more than most, the aisle seats are still rare after intermission.  Plus lots of good numbers in the beginning.

 

Do I need to go over the storyline with pictures again 🤔😉

No but Bella photos are always pleasing to view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this was brought up anywhere in this long thread...but considering priority embarkation and disembarkation is supposed to be part of the D perks, what do you think about Royal allowing people to buy their way into that?  Do you think, long term, it's going to devalue the perk if they know they can just pay a few bucks to jump the line and as a consequence, travelers that earned their way to that point get pushed further back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, lrskier said:

Yes, the Lounges are extremely popular places at Happy Hour, with empty seats few and not for long!  RCCL Loyalty program is a huge success.  Yes, any level may find an abrupt ending of a benefit when that decision is made.  We were not allowed to use the  CL lounges with the first change to Diamond level, no grandfather clause.  Now as the numbers swell for all ranks, you are sure to see more changes.  I am really surprised that RCCL didn't institute points awarded by $$$ spent and not just nights sailed.  A $60 a night inside cabin is hardly equal to $150 a night balcony but rewards the same.  Only the suites get double!  It seems that Celebrity has some kind of system rewarding type of cabin accommodations or $$$ spent.  Now, for our transatlantic cruise again and the lounge to be held in the Safari Lounge or Crown Lounge to accommodate the hundreds/thousands of Diamond - Pinnacle members doing another fun crossing!!!

See you at Happy Hour, try not to be grumpy and dress right, don't be so tacky folks.. LOLOLOLOL

I agree it should be rewarded by $ spent with Royal and should include all spending onboard and pre booked items. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

In my experience,  and I have more than most, the aisle seats are still rare after intermission.  Plus lots of good numbers in the beginning.

 

Do I need to go over the storyline with pictures again 🤔😉

Please no. 

 

Why are aisle seats so important?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Please no. 

 

Why are aisle seats so important?

So you can get up and leave without bothering other people in the row.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So you can get up and leave without bothering other people in the row.

If you like the show so much like @John&LaLa does, why would you be getting up during the show?

 

Isn’t considered rude to get up during the show?

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

 

Best seats are available after intermission.

That is so true.  We did a b2b on Oasis over a year ago and we sat through the first part the first week and went back the second to finish it (still don't know why we did that) and seating was never an issue.  We've seen many broadway shows in NY and this was by far the hardest to follow and the most boring I have ever seen.  A lot of people left and never came back.  To each his own I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

 

I get that treatment without a badge/pin.  It's who they are and how they are trained.

Agreed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

 

I get that treatment without a badge/pin.  It's who they are and how they are trained.

We never got our D+ pin. :classic_sad: Crew still treats us like we are special. :classic_biggrin:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

 

I get that treatment without a badge/pin.  It's who they are and how they are trained.

 

I was under the impression that pictures of the upper tier guests are available to the staff. That could have been it. 😉

 

When we were on Legend together in 2014, our head waiter had a cheat sheet that included the names of the top three cruisers. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Please no. 

 

Why are aisle seats so important?

 

The CATS interact with you at several points in the production. It's fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, John&LaLa said:

 

I was under the impression that pictures of the upper tier guests are available to the staff. That could have been it. 😉

 

When we were on Legend together in 2014, our head waiter had a cheat sheet that included the names of the top three cruisers. 

 

 

We've seen that before ourselves.

 

We don't wear our pins, discuss our status, or even bring up that topic onboard. We get nothing but great service every cruise...as have other first-time guests who came with us...so it isn't a selective set of experiences for just certain guests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I agree it should be rewarded by $ spent with Royal and should include all spending onboard and pre booked items. 

 

Club Royale already gets rewarded that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

If you like the show so much like @John&LaLa does, why would you be getting up during the show?

 

Isn’t considered rude to get up during the show?

 

So is smoking, chair hogging, removing tips, improper attire, uncontrolled kids, etc...😉

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW, there is one RS on the pre Oasis ships. On Serenade it's 1556. When you give that seapass to anybody on ship, they recognize it😉

Service immediately elevated. 

Bars, shops, restaurants, Guest Services, etc..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...