Cruise Critic Community
cementhands

Sandcastle resorts st Croix. Perfect.

We recently sailed to st Croix and found this wonderful place. Sandcastle resort. Facing land from the ship it’s to the right. $12 for 2 gets you a round trip ride to the front door. Greeted by the owner and a rum punch. For $10 each you get a chair and umbrella. Use of pool and spotless bathrooms. Snorkeling from shore to left facing ocean decent. A great way to spend the day. Buckets of beer. Restaurant on site.

A nice quiet beach day. Walkable beach. Only an occasional pedlar of goods. 

We will return. 

The owners could not have been nicer. This is a great way for them to survive and wonderful for cruise passengers to enjoy a nice resort without breaking the bank. 

99D6830B-C689-4778-856E-244A6F674C84.png

002E7B59-6F41-4DD3-9424-CBDFCE8D61D6.png

652F4E40-8BEC-402C-87DB-4B824D6A24F4.png

3AB55ECD-F7FA-4C75-8D9A-ABC1D3A51D08.png

547DC760-2B8F-4149-8A47-F91B81077A68.png

Thank- you so much for posting this report and pictures :classic_biggrin:  We are planning on visiting when we cruise this next November.

Edited by PollyNJ

Good to hear they are still accepting cruise guests; I heard they were under construction, and wasn't sure if we would be able to visit them in April.  Thanks for the information!

Thanks for the information and pictures of SandCastle. Will be there in 8 days on the Granduer😎

Thanks for the pictures!  

Happy to see Sand Castle beach getting back to being as pretty as it once was.  :classic_cool:

On 2/17/2019 at 10:00 AM, cementhands said:

We recently sailed to st Croix and found this wonderful place. Sandcastle resort. Facing land from the ship it’s to the right. $12 for 2 gets you a round trip ride to the front door. Greeted by the owner and a rum punch. For $10 each you get a chair and umbrella. Use of pool and spotless bathrooms. Snorkeling from shore to left facing ocean decent. A great way to spend the day. Buckets of beer. Restaurant on site.

A nice quiet beach day. Walkable beach. Only an occasional pedlar of goods. 

We will return. 

The owners could not have been nicer. This is a great way for them to survive and wonderful for cruise passengers to enjoy a nice resort without breaking the bank. 

99D6830B-C689-4778-856E-244A6F674C84.png

002E7B59-6F41-4DD3-9424-CBDFCE8D61D6.png

652F4E40-8BEC-402C-87DB-4B824D6A24F4.png

3AB55ECD-F7FA-4C75-8D9A-ABC1D3A51D08.png

547DC760-2B8F-4149-8A47-F91B81077A68.png

Do you have the information to make reservations 

On 7/13/2019 at 8:32 PM, Irish13 said:

Do you have the information to make reservations 

Sorry I don’t. We just showed up early. We were the only ship in port. Maybe an Internet search would help you.

We are interested in the Sand Castle as well.  I got the impression from someone else that  the chair/umbrella was $25 per person.  Is the charge $20 or  $25 for 2 chairs and an umbrella?  Can you use the beach if you don't want a chair and umbrella but an hour stop to take a dip?

All beaches on St. Croix are public so technically you can access any beach without paying anything. The day pass at Sandcastle (and any other place on STX that offers the same thing) is to give you access to their amenities so that you enjoy your day more. In the case of Sandcastle you are paying for access to a beautiful pool and deck, outdoor shower, beach chairs, umbrellas, towels, a lovely restaurant and bar, and a couple of included drinks.

If that doesn't sound like it's worth $25 to you I welcome you to make your own choices.

Is the $25 per person?  Or for two?  Thanks 

I wrote to them on the 2nd and haven't heard back...is that normal and I should be patient? We arrive on St. Croix in April...

We're not big on keeping up with communication here (as evidenced by my own occasional disappearances lol). Honestly, you may not hear back at all, you can always just pay at the counter when you get there. No biggie either way.

Cheers.