Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Aussiemin

Help with embarkation papers.

Hi Cruisers ,we are to get on a princess cruise to NZ from Melbourne in March need info please .we picked up paperwork from travel agent . We realised our cruise boarding passes we’re missing our middle names as it says on our passports . Is that an issue . When they look at our passports .im scared they don’t let us board .i thought cruise boarding passes had to be same as passports. We don’t need passport for interstate flying but obviously for our cruise from Melbourne to NZ we must. I know we don’t need visa’s. .anyone can advise please .

Since you're in OZ, not sure, but in US we can access the Personalizer & add/subtract info as needed.

If you can do this...change your info in the Personalizer and print your boarding passes again.

If not possible, call the TA & have them fix it, it's their mistake after all.

Thank you for answering ..Gee it’s a real pain when your travel agent gets it wrong . Their supposed to know they took copies of passport .   We have to travel to get to them too . Thank you.

57 minutes ago, Aussiemin said:

Thank you for answering ..Gee it’s a real pain when your travel agent gets it wrong . Their supposed to know they took copies of passport .   We have to travel to get to them too . Thank you.

Yes I agree to be on the safe side I would make sure the Princess info matches the passport. 

I may be wrong........but I don't think you have the ability to change or add a name in the booking/personalizer .

For a name change or name addition it would be best call your TA ASAP as Princess will not talk to you about your booking due to the TA having the booking.

Seems who ever first (TA?) entered/gave your personal info to Princess did not enter the middle name. 

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Yes I agree to be on the safe side I would make sure the Princess info matches the passport. 

I may be wrong........but I don't think you have the ability to change or add a name in the booking/personalizer .

For a name change or name addition it would be best call your TA ASAP as Princess will not talk to you about your booking due to the TA having the booking.

Seems who ever first (TA?) entered/gave your personal info to Princess did not enter the middle name. 

IIRC...every time I start filling in the info for a new cruise, I add the info that I want. I know I always have to click the little button for "NMI". I don't have a middle name.

Like JF said, just a suggestion. Correct on the personalizer & reprint, IF you have the same options as we do in USA. It's the 3rd one down on 2nd pic 

Screenshot_20190217-095443_Chrome.jpg

20190217_095648.jpg

Edited by Ombud

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

IIRC...every time I start filling in the info for a new cruise, I add the info that I want. I know I always have to click the little button for "NMI". I don't have a middle name.

FWIW.....I don’t think you can change the name on an existing booking without calling?

You do not have to worry about the paper boarding pass, but the info should be corrected on the Princess system. It requires a phone call for the name, either to Princess of the agent.  

If you are flying, even if it is domestic, I would make sure your plane reservations also match your ID, letter for letter. I just went through this same thing over the last 2 days with my plane reservations.