Forum Maintenance: Wednesday March 20 @5:00 am ET Read more... ×
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
ama

Getaway Specialty Dining Questions

We have booked an upcoming Baltic cruise in July, which NCL advertises as a 9 Day sailing (however, its technically 9 nights) where we got several Free at Sea promotions. I looked a NCL FAQ, where is says for sailings 7-8 nights you get the 3 meal package, and for 9-10 nights you get the 4 meal package.

1. Can anyone please confirm how many specialty meals we get? Is it 3 or 4?

2. Is there child pricing for Teppanaki or Moderno? If not, I assume that we just pay the full price for each of these meals OR of course purchase an additional dining package. Can anyone please confirm? I know that if children order off the kids menu in the other "a-la-carte" specialty restaurant there is no charge, only if they order off of the specialty menu. But, not sure how it works for restaurants like Teppanaki or Moderno. I assume for those, there isn't an ability to order off of a kid's menu.

Thanks all!

In the specialty restaurants your children can eat off the MDR children's menu for free or order off the specialty menu for the prevailing fee. This can be the fixed price at Teppanyaki and Moderno or the a'la carte price at the others. You can buy a dining package for your kids if you like. If they will order from the venue menu each time it will be cheaper with a package.

All cruises on all lines list itineraries as x number of days when they actually mean nights. If a nine day cruise qualifies for a four meal package that is what you should get. You can check by logging into MyNCL and looking up your reservation. 

Edited by Paul Bogle