Door magnets!

I make my own.  Go to Walmart, Office Deport, teacher stores or a office supply place and look for magnet labels or sheets.  Pick out pictures, sayings any thing that you find appropriate and print out using print programs or office programs.

I should have read the post about the "jello type" cling door decorations leaving stains BEFORE we cruised at Xmas.  I just about had a panic attack when removing them from the door and finding the stain.  I then analyzed the situation, pulled out the toothpaste from the toiletry kit and polished the stain off the door.  Couldn't tell and it smelled minty fresh!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zooma said:

Do people steal door magnet decorations off others' doors? Curious if worth it ..... Thx

Yes. I had 3 on mine on my door the first day of my cruise, and the first time I returned to my room, one of them was gone. Don't put anything out that you care about much (I had a duplicate at home, so I was more annoyed than anything).

There were VERY few children on this cruise - I'm sure an adult (with the mind of a child) did it.

Edited by SpeedNoodles
more info
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, zooma said:

Do people steal door magnet decorations off others' doors? Curious if worth it ..... Thx

It seems that personalized magnets remain on the door where as non personalized go missing more often(in my case)

I always do minions. Usually with an alcoholic beverage in their hands. Sometimes they wander off in the middle of the night!

No biggy. I just make more. Etsy does have a nice selection of personalized ship magnets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, queenfrostine22 said:

It seems that personalized magnets remain on the door where as non personalized go missing more often(in my case)

I always do minions. Usually with an alcoholic beverage in their hands. Sometimes they wander off in the middle of the night!

No biggy. I just make more. Etsy does have a nice selection of personalized ship magnets.

You could sell those - I'd totally order some minions with drinks 🙂

• Like 1

Had mine stolen off of the door the last night on a cruise out of Venice.  I should have known it was coming since somebody was moving them around all through the cruise.  I just had to get over it and realize that's always a risk.  I think I found mine on some specialty site but I can't remember where... 

My wife also uses Etsy. We had some taken on our last cruise. She was ready to call security but I told her to walk down the hall before she called. She found them a few doors down. Kids are gonna' kid. As a former cop I loathed the idea of reporting a couple of door magnets to security.

10 hours ago, zooma said:

Yes, on occasion.  Don't know for sure but hopefully it is just kids begin mischievous, as we have found our  magnet on someone  else's  door.     I suspect if anyone really wanted it ( and  I can't imagine why)  they  would keep it in their  cabin and not display a stolen magnet on their cabin door.  

We see some cute magnets/decorations around most any holiday.

M

I make personalized ones with the names of the people cruising with us and the date.  I figure they are less likely to be stolen.

I design and then order them on VistaPrint.  Friends and family traveling with us have always enjoyed them.  I think it is $10 or $15 for ten magnets that are 4x6".

I like to pick up the little wooden/plastic fish with the name of the port/island/country painted on them.  I put out one magnet fish per day on our door.  By the time the seventh fish goes out during a seven night cruise...he is the sad fish.  😉  

We have had the fish swim around on their own, but so far so good....not totally stolen.  Just had to collect them if they swam too far up the hallway.  😮 

On 2/17/2019 at 2:05 PM, vacationlover_mn said:

Any recommendations on where to get fun cruising related magnets?  I was kind of disappointed on what I found on amazon... would love a cool kit with palm trees, a ship, some waves, etc...

As others posted Etsy has some cute stuff! 

Edited by island lady

17 hours ago, ghoundlvr said:

I should have read the post about the "jello type" cling door decorations leaving stains BEFORE we cruised at Xmas.  I just about had a panic attack when removing them from the door and finding the stain.  I then analyzed the situation, pulled out the toothpaste from the toiletry kit and polished the stain off the door.  Couldn't tell and it smelled minty fresh!

Well at least able get it off. On Brilliance same orange Pumpkin stains been of several doors at least 6yrs

3 hours ago, ShillyShally said:

You could sell those - I'd totally order some minions with drinks 🙂

Thanks! Really easy to make just cut out minions from greeting cards or kids books, buy the flat magnetic self stick roll from the craft store, press the minions down, cut them out, do the same for the drink or whatever you want to stick in their hands and off to the door they go! cute and cheap to make.