When was your first Royal cruise?

Wolffie89

2000 Sovereign of the Seas 7 dayer, Jerry Lewis got on the ship in Puerto Rico

with lots of gucci luggage. He was great, brought hie own band. LAADY!

The amazing Kreskin, who shook hands with the crowd on the way on stage

and picked 10 or 12 watches form the audience... so funny.

Carol Lawrence was in form also.

Those were the days...  🙂

Ed and Debbie Moore

Tampa bay

(Brilliance from Tampa Feb. 28th> March 4th 2019)

Harmony of the Seas - February 2020

We've sailed 8 cruises on Princess and 2 on NCL....both of which were on the same ship, 12 years apart, sailing under 2 different names, LOL. We're looking forward to checking out Royal Caribbean, and I just HAD to check out one of the Oasis class ships. They absolutely amaze me.

On 2/17/2019 at 9:40 PM, ONECRUISER said:

Yes, but no. Ocean liner vs Cruise Ship... But think my first Cruise was Sovereign #022. Numbers they use to give each sailing from when first Launched

Sovereign of the Seas. July 14, 1990. Voyage 130. 7 nights from Miami, we stopped in Puerto Rico, Labadee, and St Thomas. I still have my flimsy "passenger cruise card" and also the punched key card that was the door key, displayed in my photo album I made of the cruise.

My parents and I sailed in a junior suite. I was 18 years old and had just graduated from high school that year. The cruise was a group deal with some friends of my parents...it wasn't a graduation celebration. There were no balcony cabins on the ship. There was a live steel drum band that played every afternoon on the pool deck. A live mariachi band would roam through the dining room. Earth, Wind and Fire was one of the acts in the theater on the cruise. I won the limbo contest on the pool deck one afternoon. One afternoon there was an ice carving demonstration on the pool deck...the sculpture was displayed at the midnight buffet with all the fancy food art work. I have a photo of incredible butter sculptures. There were "Ship Shape" activities throughout the cruise and if you participated in enough of them, you could earn a Ship Shape tee-shirt. 

The MDR table cloths were pink. The curtains were burgundy. I remember thinking that the dining room was very elegant!

Edited by Anita Latte

20 minutes ago, Anita Latte said:

Sovereign of the Seas. July 14, 1990. Voyage 130. 7 nights from Miami, we stopped in Puerto Rico, Labadee, and St Thomas. I still have my flimsy "passenger cruise card" and also the punched key card that was the door key, displayed in my photo album I made of the cruise.

My parents and I sailed in a junior suite. I was 18 years old and had just graduated from high school that year. The cruise was a group deal with some friends of my parents...it wasn't a graduation celebration. There were no balcony cabins on the ship. There was a live steel drum band that played every afternoon on the pool deck. A live mariachi band would roam through the dining room. Earth, Wind and Fire was one of the acts in the theater on the cruise. I won the limbo contest on the pool deck one afternoon. One afternoon there was an ice carving demonstration on the pool deck...the sculpture was displayed at the midnight buffet with all the fancy food art work. I have a photo of incredible butter sculptures. There were "Ship Shape" activities throughout the cruise and if you participated in enough of them, you could earn a Ship Shape tee-shirt. 

The MDR table cloths were pink. The curtains were burgundy. I remember thinking that the dining room was very elegant!

Good old days... We had to charge our lowly deck 2 OV Cabin, didn't get my first Jr Suite until 2002 but was also my first 10nite then... But was a blast! I had "The Spinner's" one cruise for Main Show and 3 of "The Monkees" on another(Can guess which one wasn't onboard)... Wish they still listed each Ship's Cruise Voyage by numbers

Edited by ONECRUISER

Monarch of the Seas.  4th week the ship had passengers in the early 90s.   Southern Carribean out of San Juan.  We flew from the Midwest on the same day the cruise left, and got on board about 30 minutes before she sailed.  That was the last time we ever flew on the same day As  the cruise.  

6 Night Bermuda Cruise

Grandeur of the Seas

Oct 11  Oct 17, 2013

Will be going on her Again (love the ship) in April

previously was on Carnival, which was the first cruise ever .. So got experience both Carnival and Royal.

Nordic Prince NYC to Bermuda 1989 2nd anv. & man we hadn't even gotten out of the harbor area & the boat was listing & climbing the ladder to get to crows nest. Purely hated it, but coming back to Brilliance 5 years ago got me back to crusing & the only class I have yet to do is the Anthem class.