Cruise Critic Community
Valentina84

Which MSC cruise has EATALY?

You're right, LB - Eataly is also on Meraviglia (though not on her new sister ships Bellissima and Grandiosa).

We ate there 3 times on the Divina in December.  Maybe it was better before the menu change but did not really care for it and glad it is not on the Seaside.

24 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

We ate there 3 times on the Divina in December.  Maybe it was better before the menu change but did not really care for it and glad it is not on the Seaside.

I've read a few negative reports about it, R2CA ... I've booked the tryptic package for our Oct/Nov Meraviglia sailing which includes Eataly, but have reservations about it.  At least I can cancel the booking as we don't pay in advance and I can do so up 'til 4 days beforehand.  I'd be interested in seeing the fixed menu before making a decision.

31 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I've read a few negative reports about it, R2CA ... I've booked the tryptic package for our Oct/Nov Meraviglia sailing which includes Eataly, but have reservations about it.  At least I can cancel the booking as we don't pay in advance and I can do so up 'til 4 days beforehand.  I'd be interested in seeing the fixed menu before making a decision.

If you are interested and not sure if they will be the same but here is a link to the new Eataly menu on the Divina.  Given the pizza was excellent but the main course, not so much.  If you have the dining experience then your main choice is the two options of either sea bass or sirloin.   I was able to get the sea bass grilled instead of in broth the first two times we went and it was good but the third time, we had a different waitress and she said I could not get it grilled, it was not good.

Go down to where it says check out the menu

https://cruiseradio.net/msc-divina-returns-to-the-united-states/

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Thanks for the link.

I'm quite partial to a nice grilled sea bass. I'd devoured this one (at the Blue Eye Spring in Albania - it was delicious!) before I thought to take a photo of it:

96adf79743dbb839981e37b966b66b5a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I had a tomato and mozzarella salad, DH had a pasta carbonara to start.

We both had the steak for main and uncertain on desert, the choice was Tiramisu, trifle or ice cream. We both wanted trifle but they'd run out so we were given an alternative, I know it was nice as the whole meal was, I just can't recall exactly what it was.

We dined in the Eately on the Divina back in December and were very disappointed.  We both had pizza starters which were excellent.  But the meat they served for our main course was somewhere between bad and awful!   We did have a laugh because the young Captain was also dining in the Eately at the same time and DW noticed he only ate a pizza (no main).   We actually had another free meal we could have used in the Eately, but never returned since dining in Le Muse was far superior.

Hank

Our experience was a complete opposite. We ordered Pizza twice via room service, which I believe comes from Eataly, and were so disappointed. It was ok but compared to MSC pizza it was nothing special. One occasion it took 3 attempts to get pepperoni/salami instead of peppers as a topping! Our steaks on the other hand were delicious and tender.

It seems to come down to the chef, so.

We've eaten in Butchers' Cut on 2 different ships and the food was excellent in both;  we also ate several times in Oriental Plaza on both Magnifica and Orchestra - very similar in each venue, too.

We ate in Galaxy on Divina and Preziosa with the same results.

It's very strange that Eataly isn't consistent on the different ships.

Edited by Beamafar

We ate at Eatally twice over Xmas and New year, Butchers Cut on Seaside is far better. My other half ordered for a sweet from the menu, fruit on a bed on Mint slush, what came was some fruit on a small plate with a piece of mint! When we questioned it the server went to speak to the chef and came back to tell us it was correct. Talk about misrepresentation.

There seems to be a general consensus that Butchers Cut is good regardless of which ship people have been on.

With Eataly, I wonder if the land-based restaurants are superior to the onboard ones (it would seem that the OP is referring to a land-based one)?

I am looking forward to trying Butchers Cut on Meraviglia. Please don't remind me of Galaxy! Our meal, I use that description loosely, in Galaxy on Preziosa was terrible. A plate with a few substandard sushi items.  We didn't stay for desert, we just had time to make it to the restaurant to eat something which could actually be described as a meal.

Just now, CruisingFox27 said:

I am looking forward to trying Butchers Cut on Meraviglia. Please don't remind me of Galaxy! Our meal, I use that description loosely, in Galaxy on Preziosa was terrible. A plate with a few substandard sushi items.  We didn't stay for desert, we just had time to make it to the restaurant to eat something which could actually be described as a meal.

I've never eaten in Galaxy as a sushi restaurant (on Divina's crossing to Miami in 2015, I was so disappointed to discover they'd changed Galaxy to a sushi restaurant.  Definitely not for us!)

41 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I've never eaten in Galaxy as a sushi restaurant (on Divina's crossing to Miami in 2015, I was so disappointed to discover they'd changed Galaxy to a sushi restaurant.  Definitely not for us!)

And it eliminated an area with a view to hang out.  

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been studying Divina's deck plans. It appears the ONLY place one can see forward is from the gym.  They took the other areas one would normally have for the YC folks. 

Edited by SeaTheW0rld

43 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I guessed you wouldn't have 😉

We love sushi but I wouldn't recommend Galaxy based on our experience. It was the tasting menu but should advertise the standard of food.

You're correct, STW.

... as were you, CF!   😊

Bea

Edited by Beamafar

15 minutes ago, SeaTheW0rld said:

And it eliminated an area with a view to hang out.  

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been studying Divina's deck plans. It appears the ONLY place one can see forward is from the gym.  They took the other areas one would normally have for the YC folks. 

You are correct.  The only place we could find to look out the front of the ship was in the gym on a treadmill or cycle.  We were not in the YC.

1 minute ago, ready2cruzagain said:

You are correct.  The only place we could find to look out the front of the ship was in the gym on a treadmill or cycle.  We were not in the YC.

Thanks. I'm no stranger to the gym. I'll be getting extra cardio, apparently. I guess I can stick my head out on balcony, too. 

7 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Thanks for the link.

I'm quite partial to a nice grilled sea bass. I'd devoured this one (at the Blue Eye Spring in Albania - it was delicious!) before I thought to take a photo of it:

96adf79743dbb839981e37b966b66b5a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

looking at Albania for one of the cruises in 2020 what did you think of the place

10 minutes ago, ikea logistics said:

looking at Albania for one of the cruises in 2020 what did you think of the place

We enjoyed the MSC excursion we did which gave us a tour of Sarande as well as a visit to a fort, then on to the Blue Eye Spring, which is a beautiful, unspoilt area (for now!) and well worth the visit, IMHO.  People we spoke to who didn't do any excursions said there was nothing of interest to see in Sarande and were sorry they hadn't done a tour.

The food in the hotel at BES was delicious and very reasonably priced.  They accepted Euros and our (very late) lunch came to €25 for that huge fish, DH's huge pork chops and a beer and wine.  That included a hefty tip.

Edited by Beamafar