Cruise Critic Community
Please look for and post on existing COVID-19 threads before posting a new one.
HOSKI

Poll: How far in advance do most people book?

When I decide on a particular cruise I will book immediately upon opening date which is generally over a year out. I have found I get a better price and if I wait the prices are much more. 

As soon as we can (about a year) for 2 reasons.

1. Availability of vacation scheduling.

2. To get the cruise and cabin we want.

We just got off the Anthem 12 days and I booked 12 cruises for 2020.  A few are B2B.  I always book 1 year in advance to get the jr. Spa suite that we want.

It really depends - the last 3 cruises (including our upcoming trip) I've booked <60 days out because it just so happened I was lurking around RCCL.com and found a really great deal. Prior to that, I would tend to book 6 - 12 months out. Gonna be honest though -- because DH and I can be flexible with our travel dates, it's a lot more fun being able to book a great deal and get right to counting down! 

We booked 649 days and our cruise is 4th April this year and can’t wait

we have 6 balcony cabins all together it works for us to pick the rooms we want

this is our 5th cruise 

Edited by Briecait

It varies. It's usually after we get back from a holiday and are like right . Where to next ? Are we bus tour or cruise. Departure from Oz or overseas. I would love to be able to book last minute ie no more than 2 months in advance but my workplace is hard to get time off. We get a roster 3-4 weeks in advance and once its published tahts it no leave. Having to fly a different state also impacts it to. :(  I like booking in advance. Some destinations book up quite quick. Also gives me a chance to fully sus out the destination and jump on here and ask a million questions.  :)

We book our "main" cruisese (usually 1-2 TAs or some other longer cruise) pretty much as soon as released.  This allows us to snag good pricing, roms we particularly want and schedule DH's work projects around the trips.  Some years (like this one), as work projects begin to fill in, we check to see if a good pried and interesting cruise is avaiable to book from a port near where he'll be working and maybe add something 6-10 months out that we can tie into a bussiness trip.

Our Anthem cruise was booked just under a year out, all of our other cruises were booked as far as 18 months out. The day may come where we decide what port to leave from, make all of the arrangements, then wait until 60 days or less to find a cruise and doing a land vacation if we can't find one but that is way down the road.