Cruise Critic Community
Nola26

Bliss fun features questions

After booking this trip about a year ago we are excited to board on Saturday, 2/23! I have a few last minute questions and I hope others will be kind enough to help.

1. Go Kart Racing and Laser Tag - do they operate after sunset? Both seem like fun with a lighted effect
  2. Charge for Racing and Tag - I understand there's a $9.95 fee for each, do they add a gratuity or tax? I just looked at a recent onboard account statement and they didn't charge those on bingo so I am thinking just the $9.95 fee (planning to fund my nephew's charging account with cash, so budgeting)
  3. Bowling - figured I should ask about price for this, $/game? shoes included?
  4. No sports court - still the case? I know they squeezed in a mini golf course, but think there's still no place for playing hoops
  5. Waterslide - how scary is it to have the floor drop beneath you, lol?
  6. Games - I was planning to bring Uno, Dominoes and travel Scrabble, but then my mother reminded me they have games onboard, do these sound familiar?

Anything else you want to share about the ship's fun features, thanks!

Oh you're so lucky!! Just got off the Bliss. Can't answer too much but:

1. yes... the go karts do race at night... we had a 10:30pm race time which was great. made the reservation right on our tv.

2.They charge your stateroom right away and yes was straight 9.95 pp

5. fun waterslides, had quite a few in our party get stuck  and need to be let out of tube lol. one lost her shorts lmao so I suggest a 1 piece 🙂

6. not sure what they have but the observation lounge is an awesome place to set up playing some games!!!

Have fun getting out of this New England weather!!!

There is a combined game room/library on the side of the atrium. They have a few board games, but, like most ships, the games depend on how your fellow passengers have maintained them over time. NCL tries to keep chess, checkers, and monopoly stocked. 

13 hours ago, kayjay76 said:

Oh you're so lucky!! Just got off the Bliss. Can't answer too much but:

1. yes... the go karts do race at night... we had a 10:30pm race time which was great. made the reservation right on our tv.

2.They charge your stateroom right away and yes was straight 9.95 pp

5. fun waterslides, had quite a few in our party get stuck  and need to be let out of tube lol. one lost her shorts lmao so I suggest a 1 piece 🙂

6. not sure what they have but the observation lounge is an awesome place to set up playing some games!!!

Have fun getting out of this New England weather!!!

OMG on #5, I cannot imagine my horror. Thankfully all of my suits are 1 piece. If I get up my courage I will definitely wear the sporty one

11 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

There is a combined game room/library on the side of the atrium. They have a few board games, but, like most ships, the games depend on how your fellow passengers have maintained them over time. NCL tries to keep chess, checkers, and monopoly stocked. 

Thanks, I will heed the other advice and use the observation lounge. Games, grub and a glorious view will make for a sweet sea day!

20 hours ago, Nola26 said:

After booking this trip about a year ago we are excited to board on Saturday, 2/23! I have a few last minute questions and I hope others will be kind enough to help.

1. Bowling - figured I should ask about price for this, $/game? shoes included?

Anything else you want to share about the ship's fun features, thanks!

Don't get the wrong idea about bowling.  It is the arcade area and is NOT a full sized lane.  Small lane, small ball.  No need for shoes.  While set up to look like a bowling alley, it is really just a big, fun arcade game.  (This is from sailing on the Breakaway last year.)  I can't remember how much, maybe $5 per game?

2 hours ago, Nola26 said:

Thanks, I will heed the other advice and use the observation lounge. Games, grub and a glorious view will make for a sweet sea day!

Here’s what is in the Bliss Game Room

DE2200BF-7D76-4AD7-ABD9-21E43DFC931B.jpeg

A8317366-669C-463C-990D-DBB5E16115B4.jpeg