oldpharmguy

NIEUW STATENDAM MUSTER DRILL

What is the process for the NS muster drill?   We will on in November.  Thanks

Our drill location was in the main dining room....otherwise no change from other HAL cruises.

No more standing on the promenade deck. All muster areas are inside the ship in public areas.

Leave life preservers in the room.

www.theinsidecabin.com

Your muster station depends on your cabin location, but all stations are indoors. Aft cabin stations are in the dining room, and there is seating for almost everyone. I believe forward cabin stations are in the World Stage. I was in a midships cabin on K'dam, and my muster station was in the atrium by the front desk, where there was no seating available.

Thanks INSIDE & 3rdGEN.   We are getting to that stage of life where standing in one spot for 45 minutes is a chore.  Also ,not being able to use the elevator to get to your muster station.  Thanks for your response.    Bud & Marianne

You should be able to use the elevator for the muster drill.  Our cabin is forward and we mustered in the World Stage.  If you are doing a B2B, you do not have to attend the second drill.  Since we didn't have to attend, I used the elevator to get up to the Crow's Nest.  I did find that three of the four forward elevators were blocked (could be for luggage but I'm surprised they would block three elevators out of four for that).  It was a bit of a wait.

Seems like aft cabins are in the dining room, our extremely forward cabin on deck 10 was in the showroom, and our kids in a midship cabin lucked out and got the Grand Dutch Cafe.

When they first announce the muster drill, you go to your cabin and watch the safety video....(which we already watched while unpacking) Then there is a second announcement to go to your muster station, ours was in the MDR.

Exiting wasn't the smoothest as you had to wade through everyone in scooters and chairs waiting for the elevators which are right in front of the dining room doors.

3 hours ago, oldpharmguy said:

Thanks INSIDE & 3rdGEN.   We are getting to that stage of life where standing in one spot for 45 minutes is a chore.  Also ,not being able to use the elevator to get to your muster station.  Thanks for your response.    Bud & Marianne

Drill shouldn't take more than 20 minutes if passengers are on time.  However, there are always some stragglers.  If you cannot stand, go to the Front Desk well before the drill and explain the situation.  Ask that they provide a chair(s) for you if your station doesn't have any or doesn't have enough for everyone.  If you use the words "medically necessary," they may accommodate you.

When my DH had cancer and couldn't stand for more than a few minutes (we were mustering on an older ship), the infirmary provided a place for him to wait, away from other passengers, while the drill progressed.  He had a letter from his doctor, however, stating that DH physically couldn't stand that long.  If your doctor would provide such a letter for you, then the ship will help you, I think.  The musters on K and NS are easier, since passengers are no longer crammed together on an outside deck.  We saw younger passengers giving up their chairs for older passengers, which was courteous.  So you may run into that situation too.

Edited by sevenseasnomad

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 9:42 AM, oldpharmguy said:

What is the process for the NS muster drill?   We will on in November.  Thanks

We will be on in November also