Cruise Critic Community
PaperSniper4

Solstice Class - Equinox space aft? What's there?

Considering a cruise on the Equinox....and choosing a cabin around the third of the ship near the stern on decks 6, 7, 8. If my photo was attached to this post, I refer to the area between the port and starboard cabins. For instance, between 7295 and 7344. Anyone know what's there? I am trying to avoid noise, music, etc for our cabin, which is why I avoid cabins near an atrium, a club and elevators.

Thanks ya'll!

Doug1502089989_AftDeck7Equinox.JPG.3dcf5b22d0ae9173629ccf2c3e0b025f.JPG

Can say for certain but those areas are normally storage/ few work areas and crew stairwells.

In addition to storage, boiler room shafts, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, etc... 

1 hour ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Considering a cruise on the Equinox....and choosing a cabin around the third of the ship near the stern on decks 6, 7, 8. If my photo was attached to this post, I refer to the area between the port and starboard cabins. For instance, between 7295 and 7344. Anyone know what's there? I am trying to avoid noise, music, etc for our cabin, which is why I avoid cabins near an atrium, a club and elevators.

Thanks ya'll!

Doug1502089989_AftDeck7Equinox.JPG.3dcf5b22d0ae9173629ccf2c3e0b025f.JPG

We had 7275 on our New Zealand/Australia trip last year (Solstice)  I was really happy with the location as far as noise went, the only caveat was that in the evening you could smell the cooking from restaurants when sitting on the balcony, or if you had the balcony door open the smell would drift in.  Didn't bother my husband at all, but it did bother me a bit. (I personally can't stand the smell of food cooking, weird, I know :) )   I'd book that location again, but on the 8th floor instead to have less of the cooking smell.

Thanks to all who replied. You confirmed my thoughts: that area is a nice quiet area! Good idea about the cooking smells, I might also consider deck 8 if we book this cruise.

The stacks for the funnel,  ventilation ducts, electrical lines,  power panels, pipes, HVAC equipment, storage, and etc.  it could be anything needed to operate the ship.   Other than some of the useless empty public spaces most  areas on the ship are utilized.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅