Info about PV1 6015

moatenote

We just placed a deposit on the Mediterranean Odyssey cruise for September 9-20, 2020.  Viking cruises are filling up faster and faster!  We booked PV1 cabin 6015, because it seemed the best choice of the limited possibilities.  We've stayed on deck 5 for our previous 3 cruises and liked the location a lot.  I was leery of Deck 6 because of the possibility of overhead noise being under deck 7 and the various dining places.  6015 is directly under the Owner's Suite and seemed like it might be the quietest choice on deck 6.  I think it will be interesting to be one deck higher than we have been and this one was not listed in the Cabin Guide as a "do not choose this cabin."  Would appreciate any information from anyone who has cruised in this cabin regarding noise.  Thanks!

We have  been in 6008 which is on the port side an a little further forward, but you will find that hallway very quiet and with the owner's suite above, unless they are hosting wild parties, you should have no issues.  The hallway dead ends into a door that accesses the bridge.

We’ve been on four ocean cruises and on three of the four, we were in PV1’s on deck six forward (in front of the front elevators.).   It is our preferred ship location. Very quiet and very low traffic.  We’ve got two upcoming cruises, with cabins on deck six forward on both. You’ll be very happy with the location. 

• 2 years later...
On 2/18/2019 at 6:19 PM, moatenote said:

We just placed a deposit on the Mediterranean Odyssey cruise for September 9-20, 2020.  Viking cruises are filling up faster and faster!  We booked PV1 cabin 6015, because it seemed the best choice of the limited possibilities.  We've stayed on deck 5 for our previous 3 cruises and liked the location a lot.  I was leery of Deck 6 because of the possibility of overhead noise being under deck 7 and the various dining places.  6015 is directly under the Owner's Suite and seemed like it might be the quietest choice on deck 6.  I think it will be interesting to be one deck higher than we have been and this one was not listed in the Cabin Guide as a "do not choose this cabin."  Would appreciate any information from anyone who has cruised in this cabin regarding noise.  Thanks!

We are looking to book 6015 on the Viking Venus. Can you tell me was it reasonably quiet under the Owners Suite and would you book it again? Many thanks!

• 5 weeks later...
On 2/19/2019 at 2:37 PM, moatenote said:

Many thanks for all the encouraging words about deck 6 cabins!!  After reading the Cabin Guide as to which rooms to avoid, this has been helpful.

Where do you find the Cabin Guide. I thought you were referring to a website named "Cabin Guide" When I did an internet search for cabin guide I got a bunch of websites about building cabins. 🤣

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Buckwheel said:

Where do you find the Cabin Guide. I thought you were referring to a website named "Cabin Guide" When I did an internet search for cabin guide I got a bunch of websites about building cabins. 🤣

Viking Ocean Cruise Ships Cabin Guide and Review (viking-cruises-cabin-guide.blogspot.com)

1 minute ago, Buckwheel said:

Thank you @JeriGail ☺️

You're welcome!

I've also used the following site which isn't as detailed, but it does provide a summary of the cabin differences plus a chart with the benefits of each cabin type.

How to Choose a Stateroom on a Viking Ocean Cruise (theroamingboomers.com)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, JeriGail said:

You're welcome!

I've also used the following site which isn't as detailed, but it does provide a summary of the cabin differences plus a chart with the benefits of each cabin type.

Jeri - you are a wealth of knowledge - and know all the good websites!  

However the site you posted belongs to a well-known Travel Agent (yours?) - and isn't actually a public document like the other one.  But still useful.

Edited by CCWineLover

1 hour ago, JeriGail said:

You're welcome!

This is an excellent site! We sort of fell into our first Viking Cruise which we booked last week. Our TA assigned us a cabin and after reading this website, it affirms our beliefs that she was really looking out for us. 

We leave October 20 to sail on the Viking Orion and are super excited to try Viking Ocean Cruises out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CCWineLover said:

Jeri - you are a wealth of knowledge - and know all the good websites!  

However the site you posted belongs to a well-known Travel Agent (yours?) - and isn't actually a public document like the other one.  But still useful.

No - not my TA.  I found this site when we first booked a Viking cruise, but I'd forgotten that it belonged to a TA.  I just kind of breezed down the page to the chart comparing cabins.  Sorry about that.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Cruising in my mind said:

One of the guide reviews someone stated they would not use state room 5004 because of the Navigation Bridge.  This scares me as that is the stateroom we are in for our Panama Cruise Nov 26th.  Could/would you explain further and what can we do about the issues/

Thanks.

Cabin #5004 is located 1 deck below the Bridge. If memory is correct, your balcony will be below the aft end of the Bridge Wing, which probably has a remote controlled searchlight hanging down.

If you want to check out stars from the balcony, your view could be restricted by the Bridge Wing. However, you should have a clear view of the horizon from right ahead to right astern.

I expect the searchlights are restricted from turning towards the cabins, or the power is isolated in those directions, so you shouldn't have any issues.

Last March, when no one thought the Delta variant would affect the world the way it has, we booked the May 2022 Trade Routes of the Middle Ages. It had already been 98% booked. So we got the last PV cabin left; the unfortunate 6000. But my Viking agent promised he’d keep looking for cancellations so he might reassign us another cabin. The best he could do so far was one back, 6002. So I guess we can lean over our railing and wave to officers on the bridge. Not that I want to, plus we really wanted to be starboard side. Steve thinks that maybe more people will cancel in the 7 months to come. I told him that ANY other PV cabin would do. I guess the best thing about 6002 is that it will be quiet and private.