Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
rimmit

What is your favorite diamond lounge?

Recommended Posts

Just curious what your favorite diamond lounge is.  Given the wide variety of Diamond Lounges,  even amongst the same ship class, which is your favorite and why?  

 

While Oasis class ships are not my favorite, I personally love the Oasis DL.  The two floors, the view of the Boardwalk,  the relatively large size, and ample bar staff all make it an impressive Diamond Lounge.  The only negative is the lack of an immediately close by overflow area.

 

w »What is your favorite?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rimmit said:

Just curious what your favorite diamond lounge is.  Given the wide variety of Diamond Lounges,  even amongst the same ship class, which is your favorite and why?  

 

While Oasis class ships are not my favorite, I personally love the Oasis DL.  The two floors, the view of the Boardwalk,  the relatively large size, and ample bar staff all make it an impressive Diamond Lounge.  The only negative is the lack of an immediately close by overflow area.

 

w »What is your favorite?

Agree with Oasis Class two story DL. What a loss as they replace with Wonderland. Just got off Symphony and what a small space for a DL.  We were on the transatlantic and Jazz on 4, the Attic, and the DL were used every night for the Diamond Cocktail hours. There was such a line every day for coffee that you could get specialty coffee any where on the ship all day if you were Diamond, except Starbucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Agree with Oasis Class two story DL. What a loss as they replace with Wonderland. Just got off Symphony and what a small space for a DL.  We were on the transatlantic and Jazz on 4, the Attic, and the DL were used every night for the Diamond Cocktail hours. There was such a line every day for coffee that you could get specialty coffee any where on the ship all day if you were Diamond, except Starbucks.

We’ve been on HM once and are sailing on SY in a couple of weeks but we barely went to the lounge on HM.  Inconvenient (at least for us and where we book our cabins)  to have to go down to 4 for coffee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pity that the DL's on HY and s SY are so small and inconvenient.  Wasn't crazy about Anthem's DL either but at least they have a beautiful CL - for now.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Pity that the DL's on HY and s SY are so small and inconvenient.  Wasn't crazy about Anthem's DL either but at least they have a beautiful CL - for now.

 

 

The overflow on the Anthem is handy.  The music hall is massive and can easily accommodate a large diamond crowd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rimmit said:

The overflow on the Anthem is handy.  The music hall is massive and can easily accommodate a large diamond crowd.

 

We only went to the DL on the first night.  It was jammed packed and they weren't using Music Hall as overflow.  We spent the rest of the cruise in the CL which was never even half full and the servers were fantastic.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are only fairly recent Diamond but loved the Jewel with the overflow area. The hot and cold snacks were also very nice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any that are up in the Viking Crown area.  Great views to the outside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree any in Viking crown lounges. Incredible views

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LBumb said:

Agree any in Viking crown lounges. Incredible views

Except the enchantment.   The lounge there is in the middle and elevated.  Not near a single window.  Nice view of the ceiling, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anthem overflow into the dance hall was quite nice. Plenty of waitstaff.

Grandeur and Visions with overflow into South Pacific lounge was very good.

 Celebrity elite lounge has great views on Eclipse and Equionox a little better snacks. But very strict about not taking drinks out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Grandeur the best if overflow is used.  If overflow is not counted on, then Oasis and Allure has the best D lounge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, Frank!

Are you home or still on Serenade?  

 

I'm seeing a cruise on her that's over New Year's Eve, which happens to be Jose's B'day.  Waiting to hear your official report.:classic_biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Favorite DLs USED to be Adventure and Navigator.  We loved the indoor and outdoor seating, but now Navigator is relocating the DL for the refurb and Adventure has blocked off all of the outdoor seating.  BIG disappointment!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Oasis and Allure.

Sadly I think the end of that is near

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Sadly I think the end of that is near

 

Sadly I agree :classic_sad:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

 

Sadly I agree :classic_sad:

 

I think we all do, especially based on what is being posted in the diamond benefit cut back thread.  

 

The system as almost everyone agrees, is not sustainable in it’s current shape.  Eventually they will likely just kick everyone out of the DL Except pinnacles and everyone will just get vouchers.  At the rate of pinnacle growth, the pinnacles may be eliminated at some point as well And they eliminate the diamond lounge altogether, and only have a suite lounge.

 

In the same ways we tell stories about the midnight buffets and the impeccable service, we will one day tell stories about the infamous diamond lounge and the debauchery that occurred for 3 1/2 hours every night. We will tell tales of drinking 20 drinks in an hour, doing keg stands, playing beer pong and stuffing our faces with chocolate covered strawberries and spring rolls.  It will be the stuff of legends.

 

Edited by rimmit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do enjoy going there right before 5 o’clock Trivia in schooner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a fan of DL on Oasis or Allure.  It's a bit of a pit with below average views and dirty windows.  When you are forced to go upstairs wait staff become infrequent unless a large number of guests have been forced upstairs and by that point it's so busy service has dropped for everyone.  It also feels outdated.  

 

I like the decor on Anthem better, forgetting about the happy hour masses, but rather in terms of 'normal' lounge experience off-peak.  When they overflow into the Music Hall and include the bar in the overflow that has been a great place to sit with pool tables to boot.

 

Some VCL DL's are okay when they face forward.  The side facing DL's on starboard are small with limited seating.  Much like Vision's DL that has about six too many chairs squeezed into a small room making it difficult to walk around or for drinks to be served.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rimmit said:

Except the enchantment.   The lounge there is in the middle and elevated.  Not near a single window.  Nice view of the ceiling, lol.

Oh swell, taking a last minute cruise on the Enchantment . 

Love the Liberty Diamond Lounge, btw!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Any that are up in the Viking Crown area.  Great views to the outside.

 

Yes, I agree especially the Voyager and Radiance classes.  Love the Oasis & Allure DLs, however, I've read on this board that the 11/12th deck (DL) will be converted into Wonderland Restaurant when they come up for refurbish--pity.

 

Symphony DL, no view and small relative to the amount of eligible members.  Overflow to Jazz on 4 does not give the same ambiance as the official DL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...