travelfan20

Planning Ahead

Thank you, Keith and MalbecWine.

The last time I was in Bangkok was in 1973 when I was on a whirlwind tour of Asia with my mother.  Bangkok was my favorite stop, and I have vivid memories of our river cruise with people bathing / brushing teeth in the river and markets on the river.  It is on my “must do” list again even if life is a bit tamer and there are more high rises in view.  I also want to return to the temples.  It will all be new for my husband.

I do not do well in heat and humidity, so unless a good hotel is very close to Crystal’s shuttle stop, it may not be a good option for us with luggage.  I will check maps for distances once I find out where the shuttle stop will be.

There is a lot we want to see in Bangkok and time is short, so a private tour is most likely the way we will go.  We will explore multiple options as suggested, including seeing what our TA can offer.  In the past our TA has put together some great tours for us, including pre-cruise trip to Iguazu, an African safari, and some very special day excursions.  We will also see what options Crystal offers.

Trip planning is a significant part of the fun of the trip for me.  I get to “live” my trip for many months, not just the few short weeks of actual travel.  😀

Rhonda, I did an independent overnight about a decade ago. I stayed at the Grand Hyatt which was conveniently located near the then shuttle stop. I expect the shuttle stop is still in the same location as it was a bus terminal. Part of the walk between the two was through an air conditioned shopping center. 

5 hours ago, TER777 said:

Rhonda, I did an independent overnight about a decade ago. I stayed at the Grand Hyatt which was conveniently located near the then shuttle stop. I expect the shuttle stop is still in the same location as it was a bus terminal. Part of the walk between the two was through an air conditioned shopping center. 

Thanks, Tracie,

This is helpful!

Rhonda