Cruise Critic Community
caroak

Symphony Cabin 9031 or 9111?

Surprised to find 9031 and 9111 both listed as mid-ship.  Seems to me one is far forward the other aft.  These are our cabin choices and trying to decide.  We've been in 8040 and did not have any motion issues but we not as far forward.  As for 9111, we've never stayed in an aft cabin and my concern is vibrations.  I remember dining in Silk when the seas were not really rough just some large swells and there was a lot of vibrations.   As I recall, there might have been vibrations in the Galaxy Lounge but maybe it was just movement.  Vibrations bother me more than movement since I've never gotten sea sick.  Almost afraid to say that !!  The cruise is in November in the Caribbean so not the Tasman Sea.   Any comments would be great.

Carole

You are correct; neither of these rooms are mid-ship.

Mid Ship would are some of the new Seabreeze PH and PS suites.

Personally I prefer mid-ship but that is not an option for these rooms.  Of these two I would go with the one towards the aft of the ship because you should feel less movement including vibration than being too far forward.

Keith

Keith, thanks for the recommendation and I did book 9111.  Interesting, both 9031 and 9111 are being sold as A1 mid-ship when they clearly are not.  As you mentioned, mid-ship options on Deck 9 would now only be PH or PS.  

Carole

We are a two television necessity couple, his Fox mine CNN I have searched everywhere to find out where the second television is in the seabreeze penthouse with veranda. I know there is a separate sitting area in the penthouse suites so that answers that question but can you tell me where the second television is in either the penthouse with veranda or the seabreeze penthouse. Would rather not pay the higher rate to get the suite just based on television!  We normally sail on Seabourn in the penthouses with no issues since the rooms are separate. Any information would be helpful. Looking at Alaska in the next few months.   Thank you 

In the Sea Breeze PS one in the bedroom and one in the living area.

ii will look for photos later.

Please be aware that depending on where you are sailing CNN May or may not be available. 

keith

Sea Breeze PS.

TV in the Living Area.

IMG_0162.thumb.jpg.8ec22e8a00d63136b1ed49b5b73faeb1.jpg

When we stayed in the Sea Breeze PS I didn't take a photo of the one in the bedroom but it is by the foot of the bed and it is behind the other TV that you see in the photo above.

Sea Breeze PH.  TV in the Bedroom.  I believe that is the one TV.

IMG_0296.thumb.jpg.353b7e16016d5d49841aa16d8971d8b6.jpg

Let me elaborate on the TV Channels.

In general you will find FOX, MSNBC, CNBC, SKYNEWS AND BBCNEWS on most if not all voyages.

CNN USA will be on some as will CNN Headline News.  Sometimes it is CNN International.  However, other times you won't find it.  We are on Serenity right now and have not had it for awhile.

Keith

Thank you, so we would have to book the suites in order to get a separate sitting area and second television. This helps me immensely. I sincerely thank you and hope this may help others as well. There is quite a jump from regular penthouse to the suites in price and pretty much makes the Crystal out of range.  I just can't see spending that much more for Crystal over Seabourn or even Regent.  We have good friends who only travel on Crystal and love it. They do a world cruise pretty much every year but they book penthouse suites, and now I know why!  Maybe we will try a 7 day just to get the feel of what cruising on Crystal is like and do it in a suite. 

You are very welcome. 

We have done several World Cruises on Crystal which are on Crystal Serenity.

On Serenity we like the standard PH over the PS.  We like the configuration of the PH with two nice desks (one for me and one for my wife) and the use of the space.

If two TV's are important to you then the standard PH would not have that.

Keith

Posted (edited)

On Symphony in French Polynesia now, since BA.  No CNN.  We got Al Jazeera (!) as of today.

FWIW, TV placement in Seabreze PH is awkward, to say the least, but rear inputs are accessible since it is on a cantilever mount.

Edited by flyingshoes

Remember when I mentioned. that stations can vary based on where you are sailing we now have CNN.

Also when in local USA ports this past December and January we were picking up local stations such as ABC, CBS, NBC and local FOX.

Keith