What are best times to schedule Specialty Dining to Avoid Missing Shows?

OneNewTexan

What are the best times to schedule specialty dining reservations so as to avoid missing the shows in the main theater?  We are booked for the Epic next January out of San Juan.  Last time we took NCL we missed half of the production shows because our reserved dinner reservations conflicted with the show times.  

• Like 1

Second seating for the big production shows is usually 9:30 pm. On other nights when they have a comedian, magician etc in the main theater second seating is usually 9:00. We like to arrive thirty minutes early with reservations when seating begins. We have never had a problem getting in and out of a specialty venue in ninety minutes so we just do the math.

NCL cancelled my reservations for the first showing of MDQ on the Getaway because I had a 5:30 reservation at Le Bistro. I asked the concierge why didn’t they ask me before they cancelled because I’d rather reschedule Le Bistro and they said the system did it...

We always eat at 5:30 so we can get to the early show. We are usually running in at the last minute. I know 5:30 seems early but then we have lots of our evening left to enjoy all the entertainment. There's always late night snacks that start at 9:00 if necessary. :classic_biggrin:

14 hours ago, OneNewTexan said:

What are the best times to schedule specialty dining reservations so as to avoid missing the shows in the main theater?  We are booked for the Epic next January out of San Juan.  Last time we took NCL we missed half of the production shows because our reserved dinner reservations conflicted with the show times.  

This is tough: either you have to schedule as early as 5:30 for the early show or plan on eating after the show at about 8:30 or 9pm. The other option is eat at around 6:30 and plan to attend the late show. 

For this NCL Epic cruise out of San Juan next January, what would be the main theater show times for the early show and the late show?  An earlier poster said the late production shows are around 9:30pm, but what is the time for the early show?  Are these early and late show starting times the same across the entire NCL fleet?  Or do the show times vary from ship to ship?  Thanks.

5 minutes ago, outtabux said:

I think fleet wide the shows are at 7:00 and 9:30.

On the Bliss two weeks ago, shows were at 7:30 and 10:00 or 7:30 and 10:30, depending on the show (Jersey Boys is quite long).

We had our specialty dinners at 6:00 and had no problem making our 7:30 show reservations.