Drinks in the drink package

colesc15

Heading on symphony next weekend and wanting to try some new drinks with the drink package! Outside of the usual Miami vice etc, what are some go to drinks? I'm wanting to try some scotch and others like that, but what's the best mixers to try? Jack and coke has been my go to. The drink menu at Boleros looks interesting. 

Looking for lots of ideas! 

Interested in this as well since the drink menus are very limited recently with mixed drinks compared to how they used to be. Gotta get some ideas that aren’t listed on there :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last few favorite drink threads:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2626467-favorite-drinks/?tab=comments#comment-56612969

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2599323-what-is-your-favorite-drinks-to-get-on-royal/?tab=comments#comment-56062218

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2573939-favorite-drink/?tab=comments#comment-55492186

1 minute ago, George C said:

Package is great covers almost every drink other than really high end 15 year or older scotch , even includes 18 year old chevis regal. We pay extra for some of the better wines and once in a while 21 year old scotch like blue.

Since I'm not a scotch drinker (at least not yet lol) do you drink it just straight? 

I have been compiling a list to try on our upcoming cruise in March...give them a try!

Frozen

BBC - Bailey's Banana Colada.

Mudslide

CocoLoco

Spiced Daiquiri

Miami vice

Royal Gold Rita

Frozen Vodka Lemonade with mandarin orange vodka

Lava flow

Cocktails

Ultimate Mai Tai

Blue Hawaii Cocktail

Painkiller

Caribbean Cooler

Tropical Sunset

Caribbean Tea

Cape Cod

Pirate Rum Runner

Island Fusion

Rum Runner

Bushwacker

Tropical Old Fashioned

Port Side Punch

Citrus Cooler

Bahama Mama rocks

Moscow mule

Labadoozie

Martinis

Chocolate Martini

Cosmopolitan

Red Velvet Cake Martini

Caribbean Sling Cosmo

Pomegranate Lemon Drop martini

key lime pie martini

Bikini Martini

French Martini

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

Since I'm not a scotch drinker (at least not yet lol) do you drink it just straight? 

I normally drink it with a little ice, sometimes with club soda, but you can get high end Margherita or almost anything else with package , fun place to try new drinks because if you do not like it you can just order something else. Most bartenders can help you choose. You should just start with the list above that should be good for day one at least. 

Edited by George C
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, lwrsail said:

I have been compiling a list to try on our upcoming cruise in March...give them a try!

Frozen

BBC - Bailey's Banana Colada.

Mudslide

CocoLoco

Spiced Daiquiri

Miami vice

Royal Gold Rita

Frozen Vodka Lemonade with mandarin orange vodka

Lava flow

Cocktails

Ultimate Mai Tai

Blue Hawaii Cocktail

Painkiller

Caribbean Cooler

Tropical Sunset

Caribbean Tea

Cape Cod

Pirate Rum Runner

Island Fusion

Rum Runner

Bushwacker

Tropical Old Fashioned

Port Side Punch

Citrus Cooler

Bahama Mama rocks

Moscow mule

Labadoozie

Martinis

Chocolate Martini

Cosmopolitan

Red Velvet Cake Martini

Caribbean Sling Cosmo

Pomegranate Lemon Drop martini

key lime pie martini

Bikini Martini

French Martini

Cool list. I would like to add to that a blue Hawaiian which is usually a frozen drink 🙂, at least that’s been my experience on RCL.  That’s my go to drink on cruises  cause it’s so good. Happy Cruising. 

thanks for sharing this great list. 🙂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, colesc15 said:

If it's a Malt whisky then I will either drink it straight or with just a small splash of water, never any ice. Ice tends to constrict the aroma and taste were as water will enhance it a bit. For a blend then yes I will use a mixer either coke or lemonade. 

10 hours ago, colesc15 said:

Both DH and my dad are Scotch drinkers and when they have it with a mixer they get ginger ale.

5 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

So many options I never thought of! I can't remember, where's the best bar on symphony to see the ocean? I remember on allure there were a lot of bars that were interior

Same situation on Symphony.  Very few public spaces with outside views, unless you have access to Viking Crown.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Broaden your horizons.  Try a Negroni.  😄

That was my first thought too!

For those who are unfamiliar, essentially, it's one part Campari, one part sweet vermouth, one part gin, served with an orange slice. Campari is a bright-red liquor that is bitter/herbal/vaguely sweet. A negroni is a strong drink, so I often opt for a Campari and club soda, sometimes with a splash of sweet vermouth. 

As for other drinks to try: I will say that their Ultimate Mai Tai is the best mai tai I've ever tasted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colesc15 said:

Is the negroni available at any bar? 

As long as the bar has a bottle of Campari. The poolside bars might not be able to make you one, as it's much more of an evening cocktail than a poolside drink. But I've never had an issue with getting a drink with Campari in any of the inside bars.

19 hours ago, colesc15 said:

For good Scotch, yes.  NO ice.  A bit of water will enhance the flavors and aromas.

For cheap Scotch, you will NEED to mix it. 😄

I have not seen anything on board that I would call a GOOD Scotch whisky.  But I am pretty seriously into them.

22 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

Viking crown lounge.. Is that only for suites now? 

Yes, on Oasis class, Grand Suites (or better) and Pinnacle.  JS guests can also be up there for their Coastal Kitchen dinners. Other ships still have portions open for all cruisers.