Cruise Critic Community
bjcruiser

Dawn out of Tampa

Hello,

We are on the Dawn in January 2020. We will be sailing out of Tampa. We sailed out of Tampa a couple of years ago on the Sun and we were at the very front of the ship when we went under the Skyway bridge. Just wondering where is the best place to be on the Dawn for that.

Thanks in advance

Bobbie

39 minutes ago, bjcruiser said:

Hello,

We are on the Dawn in January 2020. We will be sailing out of Tampa. We sailed out of Tampa a couple of years ago on the Sun and we were at the very front of the ship when we went under the Skyway bridge. Just wondering where is the best place to be on the Dawn for that.

Thanks in advance

Bobbie

We stayed in a forward Owners Suite on the Dawn about 5 years ago and omg it was amazing!!!!  We had 2 decks, one forward, one port side.  The suite was huge and so beautiful!!!  We have been on the Star twice and stayed both times in an AFT Penthouse Suite which I HIGHLY recommend also.  Truly my favourite place on those ships!!!

2 minutes ago, browniegirl said:

We stayed in a forward Owners Suite on the Dawn about 5 years ago and omg it was amazing!!!!  We had 2 decks, one forward, one port side.  The suite was huge and so beautiful!!!  We have been on the Star twice and stayed both times in an AFT Penthouse Suite which I HIGHLY recommend also.  Truly my favourite place on those ships!!!

Sounds wonderful but, seriously, how is that helpful to the 90% of us who will not be in those amazing suites

to the OP, it seemed as if it took forever to reach the bridge and, if you have drink package, I’d plan accordingly. Trust me on this😨

6 minutes ago, purpleally said:

Sounds wonderful but, seriously, how is that helpful to the 90% of us who will not be in those amazing suites

to the OP, it seemed as if it took forever to reach the bridge and, if you have drink package, I’d plan accordingly. Trust me on this😨

Just giving my experience and the walk was nice given all the food you eat!

1 hour ago, bjcruiser said:

Hello,

Thanks in advance

Bobbie

We had a great view of the Skyway Bridge leaving Tampa from our Aft Penthouse Suite.

skyway1.jpg

skyway2.jpg

skyway3.jpg

we are in a balcony on deck 9. Let me kind of re ask what public space is best for viewing going under the bridge?

4 hours ago, coin ops said:

We had a great view of the Skyway Bridge leaving Tampa from our Aft Penthouse Suite.

skyway1.jpg

skyway2.jpg

skyway3.jpg

Great Pics!!!!!

Go to the highest point of the ship it looks amazing.you can almost feel like you can touch it.