Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
KSprite01

Day Pass for Cruise Ship?

Does Royal sell day passes for their cruise ships?  If so, do you know for how much and who to contact to arrange it?  Traveling on Anthem 2/23 and we'll be docking for a day in Port Canaveral, near my cousin.  Looking into options of what we can do for the day, and wondered if we can pay a fee to bring her onboard for the day.  I vaguely remember reading someone talking about day passes for a cruise line somewhere, though I think it might have been a new ship the line (not necessarily Royal) was trying to show off.  Thanks! 

This is not offered.  I believe it was possible prior to 9/11, but in this post-9/11 world it is not.   

They do, at times, do tours for credentialed Travel Agents.  That is probably what you heard about.

Steve

The only cruise line that was offering Day Passes that I know of, was Princess, however I don't know if they still do this. This doesn't help you for Royal. We did it once, had lunch on board but had to be off by 2  PM so didn't give you a lot of time to explore. Cost was around $40

1 hour ago, Desert Cruizers said:

The only cruise line that was offering Day Passes that I know of, was Princess, however I don't know if they still do this. This doesn't help you for Royal. We did it once, had lunch on board but had to be off by 2  PM so didn't give you a lot of time to explore. Cost was around $40

Princess Bon Voyage Experience (BVE) program currently is $39 and offered at several US ports.  You check in exactly the same as passengers but board a bit earlier.  Includes lunch with wine, tour, photo and $39 Future Cruise Deposit.  Nothing like it on Royal.  People do book these for friends and if they run out of $100 FCD deposits and need more (this allows you to book any cruise with no more money down than that $100 and you get OBC back when you cruise).