Jump to content

25th Cruise Milestone


Bostwick girl
 Share

Recommended Posts

We completed our 24th Carnival cruise in January. I understand there is something Carnival does for your 25th milestone. Nothing spectacular, just some sort of recognition. I mentioned it to my PVP and she asked if they'd sent me a letter yet. I told her I hadn't received anything. She said until I receive a letter, she can't do anything, which is understandable.  I think she said you would get a discount off the next cruise or something.  Meantime, I've booked 3 more cruises and still haven't heard anything from Carnival.  Any of you long time cruisers have any information or insight you could provide?  Thanks.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You will be able to redeem your milestone benefits up to 30 days before your cruise and will be applied to your booking 1 week before your sail date.  You will receive "the opportunity to redeem a future non-refundable onboard credit equivalent to 25% of the cruise ticket price."  Also, your Sail and Sign card will look something like:

image.png.1715b155ffd18f49dd14639c7b408750.png

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks, after I posted the question, I went on Carnivals FAQs and found the basic answer, and a phone number. I called and she said they don't send a letter, you just tell your PVP and they fill out a form.  So I'll give her a call tomorrow.

 

Amazing what information you can find if you just look for it!  Thanks again.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As EmmasNana said, I will want to use it on the most expensive cruise.  A few more cruises and I'll start thinking about it. Does anyone know if the 25% is for cruise cost only for the person hitting 25 cruises?  I assume so but wouldn't it be nice if it covered the whole room and port fees.  YUP ... I'm getting too greedy.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The 25% OBC is for the person hitting the milestone.  If both people hit the same time you can either take both together or each separately.  My DH and I did a B2B in a Suite for ours.  We did both of ours at the same time because one of the legs was quite a bit more than the other.  And like someone else said, it does not have to be taken on your 25th cruise, it can be any cruise from 25 or above.  Congrats and enjoy!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congrats on the Milestone! Like others have said, use it on a more expensive cruise. I recently took my 50th Carnival cruise, but I'm using my 50% Milestone credit on my 52nd cruise, which is the Splendor to Hawaii in April. It will give me over a grand in OBC. :classic_biggrin:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, raynvic said:

The 25% OBC is for the person hitting the milestone.  If both people hit the same time you can either take both together or each separately.  My DH and I did a B2B in a Suite for ours.  We did both of ours at the same time because one of the legs was quite a bit more than the other.  And like someone else said, it does not have to be taken on your 25th cruise, it can be any cruise from 25 or above.  Congrats and enjoy!

OP 's getting really great advice , just want to say thanks for this post, as our PVP stated different years back when we did our 25th. Enjoy !

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Carla in Converse said:

Congratulations!

The cruise I am taking in May is also my 25th cruise. Im so excited to receive the Diamond  S&S card.

My PVP already submitted the paperwork for my OBC for this cruise.  I have not received a letter in 

the mail though? Will  I also receive a letter?

Thank you,

Carla

Some are saying you will receive a letter others say you wont . We did receive letters years back ,also we received leather luggage tags about a month later. Don't know if their still doing that now days or not ?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am also going on my 25th CCL cruise in March.  I read what was on the website, then called the Milestone desk to ask a few questions about the 25% obc back on a future cruise.  We always pay our gratuities before our cruise.  We will use this 25% obc to pay the grats for our 26th cruise.  (the 25% must be used within 18 months, I think).  The obc is non-refundable - meaning if you don't use it, you lose it.  The suggestion to download it from your sail and sign account and then cash it out in the casino is a good one.  Our onboard expenses are minimal, after so many cruises, so this is what we will do.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Carla in Converse said:

Congratulations!

The cruise I am taking in May is also my 25th cruise. Im so excited to receive the Diamond  S&S card.

My PVP already submitted the paperwork for my OBC for this cruise.  I have not received a letter in 

the mail though? Will  I also receive a letter?

Thank you,

Carla

 

It's not actually a Diamond card and you don't get Diamond benefits.  But it is white, just like Diamond, and just like the picture above, it says 25 Platinum Milestone.  Congratulations.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, CruisingAgain said:

As EmmasNana said, I will want to use it on the most expensive cruise.  A few more cruises and I'll start thinking about it. Does anyone know if the 25% is for cruise cost only for the person hitting 25 cruises?  I assume so but wouldn't it be nice if it covered the whole room and port fees.  YUP ... I'm getting too greedy.

 

It only applies to a single fare, and not to port charges, taxes or fees.  If you and your cabin mate share a single Sail and Sign account you can share the OBC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Lottacruises said:

Doesn't the credit have to be applied to a new cruise booking also, not one currently booked?

 

No. My 25th cruise is in May and that is the cruise I am receiving my OBC, 'My PVP already submitted the paperwork

for me. You can take the credit on your 25th cruise or any cruise thereafter.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Garth2 said:

 

It's not actually a Diamond card and you don't get Diamond benefits.  But it is white, just like Diamond, and just like the picture above, it says 25 Platinum Milestone.  Congratulations.

Theoretically, one could get diamond on their 25th cruise.  You would need 200 VFIP points, averaging 25 8-day cruises.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Bostwick girl said:

When I called the Milestones desk yesterday, they told me they no longer send out letters. You're supposed to tell your PVP and they have a form to fill out and send in.

 

7 hours ago, thorengstrom said:

 

So I checked out that website link, which says they still send out letters, so obviously a little stale...

 

But: I don't have a PVP - I do everything myself.  So does Carnival send me a link to the form, or what?

 

I'd call the number, but I thought I'd ask here to see what actual experience anyone had, since I am nowhere near the 25th milestone, much less 50 or 100.  I have a grand total of 4 Carnival cruises under my belt!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...