Cruise Critic Community
57eric

Using FCDs for WC Segments

I've seen a couple of places that say that future cruise deposits cannot be used for world cruise segments.  Am I correct that this information is either obsolete or does not apply to US passengers?  My FCD doesn't mention any restrictions regarding the type of voyage; only benefits that vary depending on the number of nights.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, 57eric said:

I've seen a couple of places that say that future cruise deposits cannot be used for world cruise segments.  Am I correct that this information is either obsolete or does not apply to US passengers?  My FCD doesn't mention any restrictions regarding the type of voyage; only benefits that vary depending on the number of nights.

Thanks.

Last year friends booked the last two segments of a WC as separate elements, thereby using FCD for each part and obtaining maximum FCD benefits, plus the Cunard Fare double OBC, and Shareholder Benefit for each seperate cruise.

This year (when opens) they will look to book the whole WC for 2021 as seperate parts, booking Cunard Fare in the same stateroom, and do the Math to discover if it is financially viable.  There will be an additional 5% for an early booking to be taken into account.  If workable it will be the way forward for them.  Have 12 each FCD being held for this excerise.  

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo

2 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Unfortunately the link you posted is to a Travel Agency so I have had to delete it.

No worries; that response was basically just for you anyway.

For the benefit of others, the text I was pointing to was

Restrictions of Cunard Line’s Future Cruise Deposit:

• Not applicable for Grand World Voyages their segments

1 hour ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Last year friends booked the last two segments of a WC as separate elements, thereby using FCD for each part and obtaining maximum FCD benefits, plus the Cunard Fare double OBC, and Shareholder Benefit for each seperate cruise.

This year (when opens) they will look to book the whole WC for 2021 as seperate parts, booking Cunard Fare in the same stateroom, and do the Math to discover if it is financially viable.  There will be an additional 5% for an early booking to be taken into account.  If workable it will be the way forward for them.  Have 12 each FCD being held for this excerise.  

Just to point out that any unused OBC  ( when applied to bookings of separate sectors)   including our shareholder benefit  can not be transferred over for use on the next segment. Neither can that OBC  be used to pre book port tours for the 'next separate sector' as I've just found out. Either you use it or loose it . 

Best to buy/stock up on  a couple of wine packages to either use in the restaurant or stateroom .   

1 hour ago, Bell Boy said:

Just to point out that any unused OBC  ( when applied to bookings of separate sectors)   including our shareholder benefit  can not be transferred over for use on the next segment. Neither can that OBC  be used to pre book port tours for the 'next separate sector' as I've just found out. Either you use it or loose it . 

Best to buy/stock up on  a couple of wine packages to either use in the restaurant or stateroom .   

That's excellent advice; thanks.  To be clear - the restaurant will carry over bottles from one segment to the next?

Yes 57eric, the restaurant will carry over the wine selection of your choice.😉