Am I weird or is this normal .......

groryjm

Ok so an odd title for a thread but I have to question my normality......

I've just washed my hair using those little bottles of shampoo and conditioner..... You know the odd ones that you find at the bottom of your case when you unpack after a cruise.. .

Well one minute I am mundanely washing my hair the next I have magically been transported and am sitting on my balcony with a glass of Champagne 🍾 and watching a Mediterranean sunset while we get ready to head out to a Chic night dinner in Luminae. :classic_happy:

Bvlgari.thumb.jpg.2fcc22c4c2c1ecc2da7fc3b07b71694c.jpg

Smell is such an evocative sense and these little treats help me bear the wait between cruises. Am I Normal? Do others do this?

Edited by groryjm
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, groryjm said:

Smell is such an evocative sense and these little treats help me bear the wait between cruises. Am I Normal? Do others do this?

So may places now ask people not to wear strong perfume or lotions.  The Bulgari body lotion reminds me of the old commercial where the boss arrives two minutes after his shaving lotion...  So often we are sitting in the theater when a strong perfume forces us to get up and leave.  What smells like roses to some smells like rotting garbage to others.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Quo Vadis? said:

So may places now ask people not to wear strong perfume or lotions.  The Bulgari body lotion reminds me of the old commercial where the boss arrives two minutes after his shaving lotion...  So often we are sitting in the theater when a strong perfume forces us to get up and leave.  What smells like roses to some smells like rotting garbage to others.

Why do you feel it's important to take the Joy out of a wonderful memory of others ? Be kind!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, groryjm said:

Ok so an odd title for a thread but I have to question my normality...  such an evocative sense and these little treats help me bear the wait between cruises. Am I Normal? Do others do this?

Agree. Nope not weird, normal. :classic_wink: Thanks for posting. 

Edited by davekathy

This made me laugh ! We have various bottles and soaps from a range of hotels and ships and they always transport us back …………….

Glad it is not just us

P.S. We always take home the chocolates from the pillow turn down and the biscuits from P&O as well ……… one a night when we get home to remind us of our cruise

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, groryjm said:

I've just washed my hair using those little bottles of shampoo and conditioner..... You know the odd ones that you find at the bottom of your case when you unpack after a cruise.. .

Well one minute I am mundanely washing my hair the next I have magically been transported and am sitting on my balcony with a glass of Champagne 🍾 and watching a Mediterranean sunset while we get ready to head out to a Chic night dinner in Luminae. :classic_happy:

Did you get the Bulgari shampoo and conditioner from Celebrity? I thought that brand was only used on Oceania Cruises (even the bottles looked exactly the same as the ones from that cruise line).

If Bulgari toiletries are offered in bathrooms on Celebrity ships, that would be a bonus. It has been a couple of years since our last Celebrity Cruise but we are going on one some time this year.

Edited by Gnoelj

1 hour ago, Gnoelj said:

Did you get the Bulgari shampoo and conditioner from Celebrity? I thought that brand was only used on Oceania Cruises (even the bottles looked exactly the same as the ones from that cruise line).

If Bulgari toiletries are offered in bathrooms on Celebrity ships, that would be a bonus. It has been a couple of years since our last Celebrity Cruise but we are going on one some time this year.

Bulgari products have been offered in suite class for years on Celebrity ships. Celebrity Edge changed to a different line of toiletries from C.O. Bigelow. As the ships are being "revolutionized" they are also transitioning over to C.O. Bigelow.

1 hour ago, WonderMan3 said:

Bulgari products have been offered in suite class for years on Celebrity ships. Celebrity Edge changed to a different line of toiletries from C.O. Bigelow. As the ships are being "revolutionized" they are also transitioning over to C.O. Bigelow.

Is that the same company that makes Bigelow tea?

The sense of smell is so strong with associated memories.  Whenever I open a box of chocolates it instantly takes me back to when I was little and my grandmother, who always had a box of chocolates at her house.

• Like 1

Yes, m'dear. Don't fret. It's all good.

I'm a desert guide. I show people to the creosote plants in the Sonoran Desert and explain the enchanting fragrance of the bush to them. They bask in euphoria and tip heavily, wanting a return trip to the desert for that experience, once again.

I won't mention what happens when I take them up the 1/4 mile long final hike to the vortex where they bask in the desert fragrance of the lupine blossoms and find themselves chanting, weaving back and forth, hinder and yon, as they evolve from their mortal shells into the real aura they exist within. It's sometimes too much for the mortal being and they stamp away, heavy footed on the soft desert sands, trying to compose themselves and find adequate steps to return to normalcy.

Yes, my dear, that is what happens. It's a scientific phenomenon that is yet unexplained. In a simple bottle. Just a squeeze can transport you.

Not that weird, but I get it. I splurged on $150 worth of the Atelier Bloem body wash and shampoo they use at Kimptons because it reminds me of my favorite hotel. 

I'm not sure what scent Celebrity uses with the CO Bigelow products, but I always stock up on at their NYC store. Most of it leans a bit masculine but it's nice stuff IMO.

Coconut shampo takes me back to my first foreign holiday in Benidorm as a teenager. Tar back to a small child in our old outbuilding full of railway sleepers. I guess we are all the same, certain smells will always resonate with us.

20 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

Not that weird, but I get it. I splurged on $150 worth of the Atelier Bloem body wash and shampoo they use at Kimptons because it reminds me of my favorite hotel. 

I'm not sure what scent Celebrity uses with the CO Bigelow products, but I always stock up on at their NYC store. Most of it leans a bit masculine but it's nice stuff IMO.

I'm a lot like you,  when I travel to Amsterdam the hotel supplies Santal 33 by Le Labo bath products all 3 ounce sizes. They are so divine I bring them on my cruise. The Maid there would just replenish every morning so I collected tons. I leave in March for 12 nights on the Silhouette and wondering if they will have switched to the new bath products by then.