Greenwich Pier

moatenote

(Not sure how I posted 2 with this title!  eek!)

We are on the British Isles cruise in July, ending in Greenwich.  We are hiring a private car to get us to Heathrow Airport, but where do you meet your driver?  From what I've read, there is no terminal at Greenwich, just a floating pier.

9 minutes ago, moatenote said:

(Not sure how I posted 2 with this title!  eek!)

We are on the British Isles cruise in July, ending in Greenwich.  We are hiring a private car to get us to Heathrow Airport, but where do you meet your driver?  From what I've read, there is no terminal at Greenwich, just a floating pier.

We did the same last May.  Very well organized by Viking.  A 100 yard tender ride with your carry ons then collect your baggage right at the dock.  Porters are available if you need.  Our driver met us adjacent to the baggage claim and had his car parked a few steps away next to Cutty Sark.  5 minutes after landing and we were away.  

Edited by Jim Avery

1 hour ago, Jim Avery said:

We did the same last May.  Very well organized by Viking.  A 100 yard tender ride with your carry ons then collect your baggage right at the dock.  Porters are available if you need.  Our driver met us adjacent to the baggage claim and had his car parked a few steps away next to Cutty Sark.  5 minutes after landing and we were away.  

Thank you, Jim, for clarifying that for me.  I've read different things about the disembarkation procedure at Greenwich, and we definitely don't want to miss our connection with the car driver.

19 minutes ago, moatenote said:

Oh, Jim what car company did you hire? Did you like them?  

Smith's For Airports.  Have used them for a long time.  Used to take them from London to Southampton.  The car was newish and spotless, the driver well dressed and very friendly and knew all the "shortcuts".  Haha, there aren't any in London.  Anyway, yes, very pleased.  

When we arrive at Greenwich next year we will be picking a car up at the same spot as Jim. We are heading to Kings Cross to catch an East Coast train, as we will spend a few weeks in UK.

In London, we use Addison Lee, if Jim's recommendation isn't available.

10 minutes ago, moatenote said:

Thank you Jim and Heidi.  I contacted Blackberry cars and Smith.  Blackberry's cost is 50 GBP and Smith's is 120.  I was really surprised at the difference.  I'll contact Addison too.

Surprising quote.  Last May it was 85GBP Greenwich to LHR.

1 minute ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

And I can vouch for Parkers (of Reigate).  Used for airport and ferry transfers, as well as pub crawling (they are discreet....) :classic_blush:

And they saved the day for us during a medical emergency.

Top of the line cars and professional drivers.

If you hadn't tripped your poor Wife during said Pub Crawl...🍸

• Like 1
  • Haha 2