Ziprider in Icy Strait Point, AK

Our ship will be in Icy Strait Point, AK, May 24. We'd like to do the ziprider. Has anyone done this? How did you get from the ship to the venue? Did you feel it's worth the $130? Thanks for any info.

Did it, loved it and want to do it again!   Seriously I was still grinning the next day.  It was my 1st time zipping and the time spent up in air looking around at the scenery. Just couldn't be topped.  

Seems like we walked up the dock and wandered around a bit.  Had a crabby bloody mary. Then walked over to the check in for the zip line.  The main area at Icy Straight is over walkable, the set up was designed for the cruise ship passengers.  The zip line provided transportation up and ride down ended back at the main area.

• 3 months later...

I'm looking at the Scenic Mountain Ascent &ZipRider tour offered in Icy Straits. One of the Important Tips is "This tour involves approximately 300 yards of walking, including on a steep gravel trail to the Zip launch -- how tough is this steep gravel trail to climb?

Edited by phillychick

We were there last year.  Princess wanted $160 for this.  I figured I could get it at the port for less.  When I asked I was told it was $160.  Maybe they have reduced the price this year.

2 hours ago, phillychick said:

I'm looking at the Scenic Mountain Ascent &ZipRider tour offered in Icy Straits. One of the Important Tips is "This tour involves approximately 300 yards of walking, including on a steep gravel trail to the Zip launch -- how tough is this steep gravel trail to climb?

a bit of an incline but not a stressful one. I gotta say Alaskan zip lines are a lot different than Caribbean and Mexico zip lines. Your up there, in a fir or spruce and if there's a breeze your swayin' ! it's exhilarating. 

is this one of the zips that give you gardening gloves necessary for you slow yourself by pressing down on the line, or is it a different configuration that lets you keep your hands off?

1 hour ago, c-boy said:

a bit of an incline but not a stressful one. I gotta say Alaskan zip lines are a lot different than Caribbean and Mexico zip lines. Your up there, in a fir or spruce and if there's a breeze your swayin' ! it's exhilarating. 

Thanks. I’m really looking forward to it. My cruise isn’t until July!!

We have our reservation already, but unfortunately we have to wait until NEXT July, 2020.  Can anyone tell me if they rent the Go Pro cameras at the zip line, and if they do, do you recall the price?   We rented the Go Pro for our zip line excursion in Canada and it was nice to have.  Thank you,