Cruise Critic Community
travlin

Purchase Bottled water ahead of cruise

HAL used offer a cruise  purchase a package of 16.9 ounce bottled water to your cabin at the beginning of trip. Is that no longer a possibility with HAL?

Edited by travlin
take a word out

Worth considering..... If  you want to save a lot of money, and want to do something responsible to stop the wide spread and waste caused by discarded plastic bottles....  You could bring a nice poly bottle or even a metal canteen.   You can fill it free from the ships drinking  fountains  or even in your room.!!!

WHY? 

Because the ships water is distilled and filtered and is as pure as the stuff in the bottle you buy.....  You just refill your bottles each time you save $2,00 + 

Many of our national parks now ban plastic bottles because of the damage done from discarded bottles.    Yes, they will tell you the new plastic is bio-degradable,.   And many are , but it will take over 100 years+...  I was a National Park Ranger and can vouch for the incredible  problem  discarded water bottles create.  It was a big problem we tried to educate park visitors on.

I offer this for your careful consideration as an option you could take....not as a criticism of your want or self.  You can make a difference and profit personally and financially.......   Thanks for listening

You can order one liter bottles through website. Same section where you order alcohol for room and beverage packages. Or, you can carry on all you can handle which imho the savings is not worth the schlep.

Bottled water is available in the stateroom, through the mini bar.  If you are a 3 star mariner you get 25% discount and 4 star + gets 50% discount,

I brought my own bottle on board to refill from the tap.  The ships water is not good tasting.  I think that providing water that is palatable as well as potable would be a basic service of a company in the hospitality industry.  HAL does not. 

40 minutes ago, wingit said:

I brought my own bottle on board to refill from the tap.  The ships water is not good tasting.  I think that providing water that is palatable as well as potable would be a basic service of a company in the hospitality industry.  HAL does not. 

I happen to disagree with you.  We find that the water is as good as what we get at home.  In our opinion, it is quite palatable.