Cruise Critic Community
Chip28

Onboard Currency for a repositioning cruise

We will be sailing on the Preziosa around the Caribbean and then sailing back to Southampton.   I think that the currency onboard is usually US$ in the Caribbean ad Euros in Europe.  Can anyone tell me if the currency onboard will stay as US$ throughout the trip or will change as we sail to Europe.

Many thanks

I did Preziosa in Jan/Feb in the Caribbean and currency was Euro so would suggest you stick with that. We didn’t touch USA .

1 hour ago, Chip28 said:

We will be sailing on the Preziosa around the Caribbean and then sailing back to Southampton.   I think that the currency onboard is usually US$ in the Caribbean ad Euros in Europe.  Can anyone tell me if the currency onboard will stay as US$ throughout the trip or will change as we sail to Europe.

Many thanks

When I did the repositioning on Orchestra, the whole 28 days (2 x 14 days B2B; 14 days Caribbean  and 14 days transatlantic) the currency was the Euro.

MSC Ships that do the Caribbean without calls at mainland USA always use the Euro as onboard currrency

Pete

5 hours ago, Chip28 said:

Many thanks

Just returned from a 14 night Preziosa in Caribbean, as others have said the onboard currency is the Euro.

Leaving from Miami on Divina's TA.  It's the euro.

Edited by SeaTheW0rld

Many (many!) years ago we did a repositioning cruise on the Costa Romantica. Miami back to Europe via the Caribbean. After the first week, as we started the Atlantic crossing, we had a note in the cabin to say the daily gratuities had dropped from X to Y for the remaining days of the cruise. It was a significant drop and caused "tanto" confusion! 😊