Cruise Critic Community
crewsweeper

Mardi Gras Eastern Jan 30, 2021

We are!  Booked a Lido balcony cabin.  Also sailing the week prior with our 2 kids and their families...this cruise is just for us to recuperate.  Lol

We are!  We also have a Lido Balcony.(not sure I'm going to like that 16th deck though)  It will be my husband and I, my sister and brother in-law, and two other couples. 

3 hours ago, weredawg said:

We are!  We also have a Lido Balcony.(not sure I'm going to like that 16th deck though)  It will be my husband and I, my sister and brother in-law, and two other couples. 

Awesome!  Why are you thinking you won't like the Lido deck?  We've sailed on the Lido deck.  Found the rooms very quiet as there is very little traffic in the short hallway.  We like being near the buffet and pool.  

Edited by Lidolounger

Oh I love staying on the Lido deck, dont get me wrong on that.  That is why we booked it.  I’m just not sure I’m going to like being so high up on deck 16. So far from the water, I always wanted to be able to hear the noise of the ocean, but do not like the cove balconies, so next best is close to the food and fun.  I cant wait to hear some reviews and see some pictures of the room. We are way to excited for it to be 562 days away...

Yep waiting for reviews as well.  Gonna be a while.  Been there done that on the itinerary, but anxious to see differences to Vista/Horizon and how the Emeril's spot plays out.  With the Horizon deck shrunken and not wanting the suites, we booked the Cove Spa as the spa is on deck 5 now.

We will be with you all, we're on the ship the week prior also, I figure I'll need two weeks to see everything this ship has to offer. Have a great day!

Just booked this cruise after my other Mardi Gras cruise was cancelled.  Hey MEUB1112, is Lakeport on Clearlake?  We lived in Sacramento for 35 years and took many trips to that area.  All those wildfires are terrible over there.  We’re looking forward to this cruise and the Mardi Gras.

this is the first week of a back to back for us.  Looking forward to chatting with everyone.

dan

Happy Super Bowl Sunday everyone.  Going to be a great day for the game.  Looks like the Chiefs are favored in this one.  Whoever wins, congrats.  

Very quiet roll call.  We only have a year left before we cruise.  Hopefully the chat will pick up.  

Happy Mardi Gras everyone.  Going to be a crazy day in New Orleans.  Looks like great weather for the parades and the crowds.

No word yet regarding whether or not there will be another delay in completion. Am wondering if we will be able to cruise on schedule, or need to rebook.

1 hour ago, runnersuzy said:

No word yet regarding whether or not there will be another delay in completion. Am wondering if we will be able to cruise on schedule, or need to rebook.

I’m thinking the shipyard is closed, so there is a possibility of another delay.  Plus, funds may be too low at Carnival to continue construction on this mega ship.  We’ll just have to wait and hope everything turns out okay.  I know cruising is not on top of some people’s list right now, but I can’t wait to get my feet on the deck of a cruise ship.  

6 hours ago, chevytrkr said:

I’m thinking the shipyard is closed, so there is a possibility of another delay.  Plus, funds may be too low at Carnival to continue construction on this mega ship.  We’ll just have to wait and hope everything turns out okay.  I know cruising is not on top of some people’s list right now, but I can’t wait to get my feet on the deck of a cruise ship.  

Looking forward to cruising again too. RCL just extended their shutdown, and CCL supposed to make an announcement by Friday.

We recently booked this cruise before all the shutdowns happened.  I just checked now to see if there has been any price change and I cannot find this sailing on the website.  Anyone else having the same issue?   I’m thinking this may be a no go.....

10 hours ago, mcgraiha said:

We recently booked this cruise before all the shutdowns happened.  I just checked now to see if there has been any price change and I cannot find this sailing on the website.  Anyone else having the same issue?   I’m thinking this may be a no go.....

I checked recently and it showed all cabin categories sold out.  That’s probably why you can’t find it.  Have you checked on iCruise.com?

It is not available to book on icruise either.  The first sailings on the Carnival website are for March 2021.  I checked a few other roll call posts around the dates of our sailing and there was some posts re: Building delays in the shipyard due to Coronavirus.   

7 hours ago, mcgraiha said:

It is not available to book on icruise either.  The first sailings on the Carnival website are for March 2021.  I checked a few other roll call posts around the dates of our sailing and there was some posts re: Building delays in the shipyard due to Coronavirus.   

Very possible our cruise may be cancelled if they are experiencing delays in construction.  We’ll just have to wait and see what Carnival has to say.  Hopefully the cruise industry comes back stronger from this crisis.  May be later than sooner.

I have been checking on this myself as our May cruise on the Legend just got cancelled and I am expecting our June cruise on NCFL out of NYC will be cancelled also. I noticed that the website won't post anything until end of March 2021 for Mardi Gras. Hopefully they are just being careful in case they have to cancel. We'll just have to wait and see. Too bad I had a back to back booked.

Dan

Someone else said that their TA said that all the January and February cruises are sold out so that is why they do not appear on the website. Hopefully that's the answer.

dan

Hoping all on this roll call are safe and healthy.

Waiting to see if any delays affect us or if we run into any 2nd Wave virus postponements.

This will be my Platinum cruise, so will have to wait 2 years for next opportunity as next 2 sailings are on RCCL.

My husband and I are booked on this cruise. It's our 14th Carnival cruise (I think!). We are in an inside room on deck 14. We're looking forward to exploring all this ship has to offer. I hope it doesn't get cancelled. It looks like they are still working on the ship per some pics and videos by John Heald and Matt Mitchem.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Forums mobile app

I wish Carnival would be a little more forthcoming with information about the construction schedule for the Mardi Gras.  People want to know if they are cruising on their scheduled dates.  I know the virus has put everything on hold, but if Carnival knows the ship won’t be delivered as scheduled, then let us know so we can make other plans.