Cruise Critic Community
CruizinSherry

Neighborhood Balcony Preference

I prefer the perks that come with the BW balcony.  Much prefer the 2 soda packages to the cheap bottle of wine.

50 minutes ago, CruizinSherry said:

Help me decide! Which is better, a Central Park balcony cabin or a Boardwalk view cabin?

Thanks!

I've sailed each before you ever got any included perks - both are enjoyable:

Boardwalk - some water view, you can spy the Aqua Show and enjoy people watching of those on the board walk, more upbeat music and noise.

Central Park - inside view but pretty, quieter, nice evening ambiance, more subdued music and noise.

Both - need to be aware of visibility to those in cabins across the way, but we never found this a big deal.  Both have decent locations and accessibility the the rest of the ship.

Really enjoyed music that played nightly in Central Park, but ocean view with broad walk 

My preference is the CP balcony.  Much more serene to sit on the balcony and have a drink or snack and see the various flora.  Also, much better to have lunch for 2 at Jamie's or Giovanni's vs JR.  Soda over red bottle of wine, advantage to the BB.  However, CP cheaper than BB.

We will be trying a CP balcony for the first time this fall.  I chose CP as it seemed the views would be lovely, nice evening music, and lunch would be great.  We always go with a drink package so the soda packages do not help us any with the BW balconies and I fear there will be much more noise with those.

Never stayed in Boardwalk balcony, but we really enjoyed the Central Park one we had. 

I’ve done both. Prefer boardwalk for activity

Thanks everyone for your input, I am leaning more toward the Central Park balcony now. I think because when we are relaxing in the cabin on our balcony we want a little reprieve from all the activity.

Central Park can be warm at night.  Boardwalk can be noisy at times.  I'd go with Central Park for the quiet.

We always have gotten Oceanview balcony but this next cruise in October on the Harmony we chose the Central Park balcony because we find ourselves sitting in Central Park in the morning, it is nice to hear the music in the evening but even if your not in the cabin its more quiet and pretty much can be in mid ship if you choose a cabin there.  

My sister/brother in law and my daughter and her bf had boardwalk balconies and complained of all the noise and they were on deck 12 too, they said never again.

I just booked a neighborhood guarantee. i do not know if i will be central park or boardwalk. would love to be able to view the show from my balcony . But would be happy with either perk the wine and dine at italian restaurant. or the soda package and Johnny rockets. We would appreciate either perk. I imagine we are eligible since we are booked in a neighborhood balcony. Hope so. I was on the oasis last year it was our best cruise ever. They were so organized in the buffet and we never had to wait for anything. I hope it will be as great on the allure so looking forward to the shows i thought cats was wonderful as good as any broadway show i saw in NY. i can't wait to see mamma mia. Husband likes abba. rccl did a super job on oasis of the seas. The personnel should be traveling trainers for all their ships.

Since we don't care about noise the boardwalk would be great for us. But we will see so excited about this vacation. I heard that boardwalk is a little bit noisier. Which is ok for us i like to people watch and see the shows.

I personally dislike both boardwalk and CP balconies. I feel like I am living in a apartment complex with zero privacy. I love going out, watching us dock and having my PJs on, and not having to worry about getting dressed first to go out. Only ocean view balcony for me. 

i understand but i am looking forward to the balcony cabin and watching the people

28 minutes ago, renza said:

I personally dislike both boardwalk and CP balconies. I feel like I am living in a apartment complex with zero privacy. I love going out, watching us dock and having my PJs on, and not having to worry about getting dressed first to go out. Only ocean view balcony for me. 

27 minutes ago, renza said:

We have a central park balcony on symphony next month.  We generally enjoy the evening music as we walk through Central Park on the way to dinner  but will likely be out of the cabin rather than enjoy it on the balcony.   We thought we would give it a try for a change. Looking forward to the complementary lunch In Jamie’s.   M

On 2/22/2019 at 6:15 PM, CruizinSherry said:

Help me decide! Which is better, a Central Park balcony cabin or a Boardwalk view cabin?

Thanks!

We’ve tried them both and definitely prefer the Central Park balconies.

I am trying a boardwalk balcony for the first time in April. I booked the last three rooms at the end so hopefully we will see the ocean and aqua theater too. I figure the only way I’ll know if I like it is to try. I am excited to watch all the activity. 

9 hours ago, renza said:

I am trying a Central Park for the first time on a 3 day. I did not even know about the perks when Booked. I will miss coming into port in the morning but it is only Nassau so I will be ok.

10 hours ago, the mistral wind said:

Since we don't care about noise the boardwalk would be great for us. But we will see so excited about this vacation. I heard that boardwalk is a little bit noisier. Which is ok for us i like to people watch and see the shows.

You have to be pretty far forward to see the shows and those balconies cost more. You can't actually watch the show but just get an idea of it on most of the,. And remember the Abyss blocks quite a few of them. I still enjoyed the boardwalk cabins.

We tried a CP balcony on Oasis.  I did like greenery and evening music but missed the ocean and views coming into ports.  I wouldn't do a boardwalk balcony because of the noise.

Privacy was never an issue - most of the time the drapes are closed to keep the cabin cool.  I never saw anything salacious across the way when sitting on the balcony.  We cruised during spring break and the CP cabins were significantly cheaper than ocean view balconies for the week we sailed.