Aqua class cabins noise question

sggorden

I noticed that the Aqua class cabins on the Eclipse are under the pool deck. Has anyone experienced a noise problem because of this? I would normally not choose a cabin there. I am choosing between Aqua class and Concierge class, leaning towards aqua because of Blu, not because we use the spa. Thoughts please!! 

We've stayed twice in AQ under the pool deck - once in the Caribbean and once on a TA.

I would say you hear some noise inside the cabin, but I wouldn't call it particularly disturbing.

In the Caribbean, we were awakened almost every morning about 6 am by the sound of carts and or chairs being moved overhead. Generally, this amounted to a groggy "wow, they are moving chairs" and rolling over and going back to sleep. One morning for each of us, we became more awake and actually got up. Please understand that I am an extremely light sleeper and have woken up every morning around 6 am for the last 40 years, so it is hard to know how much is habit and how much is being disturbed. I was concerned about noise prior to the trip, but did not feel overly bothered, we chose a similar cabin location for our next trip. During the daytime and out on the balcony we only heard distant music and typical port noise that you could hear from any balcony.

I am not a sun worshiper and i loved the deep overhang on the AQ balconies.

We've stayed in Aqua class under the pool deck on Silhouette and Reflection without issue but are careful exactly where our cabin is located. I've used www.cruisedeckplans.com to pick a cabin that's nearer the elevators and so is out of the heavy traffic flow areas of the pool deck. It has a tool that allows you to drag on deck on top of another to see exactly what will be directly above and below you. We have heard music from the pool deck parties in the evening while sitting on the balcony occasionally, but in the room with the balcony closed we've had no issue. Be advised that there is an overhang, so if you're sun worshippers that may be an issue, but we prefer the shade, so no problem. We didn't hear carts or chairs moving. We generally select hump balconies is they're available. We've sailed in Concierge Class, and although the cabins are in more desirable locations, we prefer the amenities that come with Aqua class more. Dining in Blu is a definite plus, the access the Persian gardens is a nice benefit. At this point we prefer to sail Aqua and if the cost differential is too great, we book a regular verandah cabin and do extra specialty dining. The only other thing Concierge class offers that we value is the embarkation day luncheon and 2 extra Captains Club points per night. Since I don't see us reaching Zenith in our lifetime, that's of negligible value to us. We don't really care about the afternoon canapes (there's plenty of food to be had), the bottle of bubbly (have a beverage package), the seapass card holder (have dozens!) or the heavy zippered tote bag (I've got more than I could ever use.) I'd say go for the Aqua class, but select carefully....you don't want to be under the gym or buffet.

We have sailed in a number of AQ cabins recently, including two separate hump cabins in the past month.  In most locations, there was some noise but nothing that would prevent us from booking again.  If you are very, very sensitive to noise then avoid these cabins.  If a little muffled chair scraping and some mild occasional music on your balcony don't bother you then go for it.  BLU is great and is the definitive reason we always book AQ when we can (would do suites also but too pricey these days)

We choose Concierge over Aqua cabins, and one of the reasons is the fear of noise. 

If Blu is a big draw, or you're a big Spa person, try and find a cabin not under the pool deck. If it isn't, just go Concierge and know  you won't hear as much noise around you. 

We have sailed AQ on the Eclipse, Reflection and Equinox all in mid-ship hump cabins and were never disturbed by noise in the morning. We did hear some music occasionally when out on the balcony at times.

We are not light sleepers, so we may not be the best source of information for folks who are.

We will continue to book these cabins whenever we can.

We were in 1598 on the Equinox and heard very little noise from above.  No scraping of chairs, occasionally a little music drifted down but it was during the day so not an issue. We were never woken by noise from above and I'm a light sleeper.  I carefully selected the room to try and stay away from the main pool area and was concerned but needn't have been.  We were very happy with our cabin.

15 hours ago, sggorden said:

I noticed that the Aqua class cabins on the Eclipse are under the pool deck. Has anyone experienced a noise problem because of this? I would normally not choose a cabin there. I am choosing between Aqua class and Concierge class, leaning towards aqua because of Blu, not because we use the spa. Thoughts please!! 

We stayed in a cabin that was under the hair salon.  It was actually under the first part of the salon with a larger balcony.  While it did have window washing equipment near the end of the balcony, it was quiet and the balcony large.  IMO a good choice.  If you are not fond of the spa, why not take a good balcony cabin with cabins above and below, midship and dine mostly in specialty restaurants.  They beat blu IMO.  If you need the points, go for a well located CC cabin

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

If you are not fond of the spa, why not take a good balcony cabin with cabins above and below, midship and dine mostly in specialty restaurants.  They beat blu IMO.  If you need the points, go for a well located CC cabin

While I might do that on S-class ships if the Aqua differential was too great I would not do it on M-class since the removal of Ocean Liners/Murano leaving only Tuscan, Qsine/LPC, Sushi on 5.