Library on the Norwegian Escape

Captain Amazing

I've been on the Breakaway before, but this next cruise is going to be my first on the Escape.  How is the ship's library?  I'm asking because the Breakaway's library was seriously underwhelming.  Obviously, I'm going to be bringing my own reading material, but still, it's always nice to go into a new library and discover new books, and vacations are great times to catch up on reading, especially on sea days.  So does anyone know?

I wasn’t impressed with the library on Escape, I asked them about giving them books and they don’t accept books for addition to the library. There was a small stack of books on the attendant’s desk which had been left by guests.

i wound up leaving mine in my cabin hoping some of the crew might appreciate them. They were all duplicates I’d been gifted so I wasn’t going to bring them home with me. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned today from Port Canaveral/Bahamas aboard the Escape.  The "library" is an absolute JOKE!  It's on deck six, very close to the overly noisy Atrium/Cafe/Bar/Guest Services/Movie theater/Game Venue/Live Entertainment Stage and more.  It's the LAST place a careful planner would even think to plop down a place to read and relax.  The room itself is tiny for a ship that carries 4200.  We wandered into it last evening, our own books in tow, hoping to find a quiet spot to read.  Instead, the tiny room is filled with loud adults playing card games, and a handful of children playing other games.  There couldn't have been more than 14-15 people in there and there was no place to sit, not that you'd want to if you're interested in a quiet reading spot.  I can't speak on the books.  They were under lock and key and no one was on hand to help.  Oh, there weren't many books anyway.  Bring a tablet and read in your room.

27 minutes ago, DontFallOver said:

Just returned today from Port Canaveral/Bahamas aboard the Escape.  The "library" is an absolute JOKE!  It's on deck six, very close to the overly noisy Atrium/Cafe/Bar/Guest Services/Movie theater/Game Venue/Live Entertainment Stage and more.  It's the LAST place a careful planner would even think to plop down a place to read and relax.  The room itself is tiny for a ship that carries 4200.  We wandered into it last evening, our own books in tow, hoping to find a quiet spot to read.  Instead, the tiny room is filled with loud adults playing card games, and a handful of children playing other games.  There couldn't have been more than 14-15 people in there and there was no place to sit, not that you'd want to if you're interested in a quiet reading spot.  I can't speak on the books.  They were under lock and key and no one was on hand to help.  Oh, there weren't many books anyway.  Bring a tablet and read in your room.

Seems like it was very well used. Just not the way you thought it should be used. Everyone else seemed to enjoy the space. 

Library on the Jewel worked well.  If you wanted to check out a book you needed to read the schedule of when the books would be available in the freestyle daily.  They also have a book exchange section, I dropped off 3 books on the first night and a day later they were all gone.  Hope someone enjoyed them.

• 5 years later...