Jump to content

Zone numbers now being printed on boarding passes?


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, maldenmusic said:

I'm Platinum and just printed off my boarding pass for the Glory in May. Mine says A3 zone.

 

 

So yours makes sense....one of the first groups allowed on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand the attempt, but my arrival at port has always been dependent on shuttles times from local hotels.  Usually I am able to park free (I always drive to the port), and they shuttle me to the port.  If I have to wait, so be it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We sail on Vista in May.  I printed ours & our son's boarding passes - 2 different cabins.  Neither of them have boarding zones listed on them.  That box is blank.  I printed another cabin in our group & it has a boarding zone.  What's been driving me crazy is that when we first booked, I selected an arrival time of 11-11:30 for all 5 cabins.  The 3 boarding passes with no zone number have the 11-11:30 arrival time.  When our friends went to complete their online check in, it wanted them to select a time and of course, would not show 11-11:30.  Same thing for the other 2 cabins.  So, you have to select an arrival time before you can print the passes.  I call Carnival to see why the time was saved for 2 cabins, but not the other 3.  Lady on the line has no clue & says she can't manually change it since it is capacity controlled.  So she tells me just to select whatever time is available & we can all show up at port together anyway.  I'm frustrated since I did my part by selecting the time when I booked the cabins & I don't want to risk being made to stand outside in our lovely Galveston heat if we get there before 12:30.  My other 2 cabins haven't completed online check in, so I'm not able to view their boarding passes at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  New (ish) to Carnival...my second Carnival Cruise. The last was also at Long Beach terminal but that time I chose FTTF.  This time I have not and have no status, of course.  I just booked a 3/30 Splendor Cruise this week, so the only times available were 1:00-1:30.  My boarding zone is D4.

 

i am flying in the day of so I am getting the earliest flight available. I’m not too worried about getting to the port on time (I should be there at 11:00 or even earlier)... 

 

My question is...will I really be sitting around for 2 plus hours?  Will I least be in The terminal? Should I reconsider FTTF?  Find a place for coffee nearby?  Suggestions?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2019 at 4:39 PM, tandemcruzr said:

My thought is the Zone Number is the Zone for your luggage. Look at your luggage tag and see what it says. I may be wrong.

 

Carnival boards by zones, after priority guests have boarded. The zone number has nothing to do with luggage.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sailed from Nola in Feb and the box was on the pass but no number filled in. Sailing from Nola again in May and my pass says A7. My check in time is 11:30-12. I don't have any priority status this cruise. It is my last sailing as a gold VIFP. 

Edited by Athankfulheart
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2019 at 11:22 AM, maldenmusic said:

Yes, I'm assuming my A3 would be behind the special needs cruisers and then Diamond.

They no longer boarding people with disabilities as a group.  I don't think anyone has experienced these new zones yet.  I have A1 in May so we will see.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

They no longer boarding people with disabilities as a group.  I don't think anyone has experienced these new zones yet.  I have A1 in May so we will see.

 

how does the special needs boarding goes? my travel partner walks very slow with a walker and always gets mad/annoyed at the other people who want to run RUN RUN on the gangway to be first on the ship

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, shof515 said:

 

how does the special needs boarding goes? my travel partner walks very slow with a walker and always gets mad/annoyed at the other people who want to run RUN RUN on the gangway to be first on the ship

You board with your group be it Priority or zone.  With the staggered boarding, it is much more relaxed.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sailing out of Galveston in mid Oct.  We booked last month directly w Carnival but wasn't asked for arrival time.  Is it cause we haven't paid in full yet to check in?  We live very close by and always had arrived very early.  Hope we won't have to sit around waiting if there's no line.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I try to be one of the last ones on the ship.  No lines, no hassle.  Last cruise we were literally the only passengers in the terminal.  Also,  lunch was much better in The French Quarter than on the ship.  We arrived 30 minutes prior to All Aboard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2019 at 8:25 PM, chefchick said:

  New (ish) to Carnival...my second Carnival Cruise. The last was also at Long Beach terminal but that time I chose FTTF.  This time I have not and have no status, of course.  I just booked a 3/30 Splendor Cruise this week, so the only times available were 1:00-1:30.  My boarding zone is D4.

 

i am flying in the day of so I am getting the earliest flight available. I’m not too worried about getting to the port on time (I should be there at 11:00 or even earlier)... 

 

My question is...will I really be sitting around for 2 plus hours?  Will I least be in The terminal? Should I reconsider FTTF?  Find a place for coffee nearby?  Suggestions?

You will not be able to enter the terminal until your arrival time UNLESS you are taking Carnival shuttle from the airport 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm Platinum leaving out of Galveston on the Freedom.  A1 is my zone and my appointment is 11:30 - 12:00.  My brother and his wife are gold and also have A1 as their zone number with an 11:30 - 12:00 appointment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dude_hdt said:

I'm sailing out of Galveston in mid Oct.  We booked last month directly w Carnival but wasn't asked for arrival time.  Is it cause we haven't paid in full yet to check in?  We live very close by and always had arrived very early.  Hope we won't have to sit around waiting if there's no line.

You will be able to pick an arrival time once your cruise is 90 days away.

Edited by Lizc7gb
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2019 at 10:10 PM, Earthworm Jim said:

I don't buy the speeding the boarding process take. The assigning boarding number consisted of handing us a numbered take as we walked past on our 2/2 cruise in Ft. Lauderdale. We didn't even have to stop walking to get it.

 

It's probably not a big deal either way, but it will still be annoying if you get there earlier than others in your boarding time group but they are allowed to board first.

I would think zone numbers would be assigned according to check in time. Arrive when you are supposed to and board accordingly. That way those that think rules do not apply to them find another barrier to their entitlement. Of course it would also help if Carnival enforced their own rules. :classic_rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

You will not be able to enter the terminal until your arrival time UNLESS you are taking Carnival shuttle from the airport 

 

I can’t speak for every port, but all ports in Florida have an early/late line.  If you show up early you go to this line. Sometimes this line moves fast, sometimes it doesn’t move at all. I have heard passengers have waited up to two hours in this line when they showed up early with a LOT of other people who did the same thing. 

 

I don’t understand why people have trouble following Carnival’s current check-in process. In my opinion it is significantly better than the past process of basically show up when you want to. I guess some people want to still do that instead of complying with their assigned check-in time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

 

I can’t speak for every port, but all ports in Florida have an early/late line.  If you show up early you go to this line. Sometimes this line moves fast, sometimes it doesn’t move at all. I have heard passengers have waited up to two hours in this line when they showed up early with a LOT of other people who did the same thing. 

 

I don’t understand why people have trouble following Carnival’s current check-in process. In my opinion it is significantly better than the past process of basically show up when you want to. I guess some people want to still do that instead of complying with their assigned check-in time. 

 

Until the ports stop letting people inside the building early, they will continue to do so.  I remember my last cruise in 2017, Port Canaveral had just instituted the check in times.  We had FTTF and the earliest check in time.  When we arrived, the waiting area was almost completely full already and had been so for quite a long time.  we saw facebook posts about what time people had arrived.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Gamecock_Cruiser said:

Do you no longer get to select a check in time?

 

you still need to select a time. on line check opens 90 days from sail date. when the online check is available, you select the time 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, moondog73 said:

 

Until the ports stop letting people inside the building early, they will continue to do so.  I remember my last cruise in 2017, Port Canaveral had just instituted the check in times.  We had FTTF and the earliest check in time.  When we arrived, the waiting area was almost completely full already and had been so for quite a long time.  we saw facebook posts about what time people had arrived.

 

When we sailed out of Canaveral on Magic  last year, there was a ridiculously long line in the early/late line.  It bothers me when people complain about how bad Carnival is because they had to wait in line for so long. I know Carnival isn’t perfect, but it’s not their fault if people show up early and end up standing/waiting in line for a long time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

 

I can’t speak for every port, but all ports in Florida have an early/late line.  If you show up early you go to this line. Sometimes this line moves fast, sometimes it doesn’t move at all. I have heard passengers have waited up to two hours in this line when they showed up early with a LOT of other people who did the same thing. 

 

I don’t understand why people have trouble following Carnival’s current check-in process. In my opinion it is significantly better than the past process of basically show up when you want to. I guess some people want to still do that instead of complying with their assigned check-in time. 

Yep

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

 

I can’t speak for every port, but all ports in Florida have an early/late line.  If you show up early you go to this line. Sometimes this line moves fast, sometimes it doesn’t move at all. I have heard passengers have waited up to two hours in this line when they showed up early with a LOT of other people who did the same thing. 

 

I don’t understand why people have trouble following Carnival’s current check-in process. In my opinion it is significantly better than the past process of basically show up when you want to. I guess some people want to still do that instead of complying with their assigned check-in time. 

Leaving POM earlier this month at 8 am,  people were arriving already...terminal is closed completed until at least 10 am.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...