Cruise Critic Community
mama_2_boys

Pick one:morning or night cabin service?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, the mistral wind said:

well of course its not as good. No more midnight buffets. No more exceptional food displays worthy of picture taking and waiting in line to do it. No more beautiful works of art the ice sculptures. Nothing is the same. But it's still fun hope that they don't skimp anymore in fact i wish they would bring back the old days of cruising.  

Take it from someone who just returned to Carnival after several years of Cruising RCCL and NCL, the food on Carnival is some of the best we have had! So much so, we have a B2B booked for next year on the Magic. Carnival gave us a fabulous cruise with excellent food, fun activities and entertainment, all at a great price. I think there will be many more Carnival cruises in my future. Let me add that we had 5 Carnival cruises under our belt up until 2007 before trying other lines, so I, too, remember the Midnight Buffets with ice sculptures, and many more perks for just being a Past Cruiser, no matter how many cruises you had with them, including cocktail parties with complimentary drinks and appetizers. I also received a large gift bag full of goodies when I booked a cruise billed as a Past Cruiser Cruise, and that was only my 4 th cruise with Carnival. Now, you have to be a Platinum or Diamond guest to get those perks. So, I remember a lot that is now gone, but the value remains for a great cruise.

Edited by grandmarnnurse

Posted (edited)

We choose night. We like the turn down service. Plus during the day we "take naps".  So when we come back after lunch we don't run into the cleaning service, like we did in the pasted. Plus we just mess the bed up anyways. But at night they clean while we are at dinner and out around the ship. So doesn't mess their service up by us coming in the room. 

So far it has worked out for us just to have the late cleaning service. 

Edited by Kudos2Fly

On 4/5/2019 at 2:16 PM, grandmarnnurse said:

Take it from someone who just returned to Carnival after several years of Cruising RCCL and NCL, the food on Carnival is some of the best we have had! So much so, we have a B2B booked for next year on the Magic. Carnival gave us a fabulous cruise with excellent food, fun activities and entertainment, all at a great price. I think there will be many more Carnival cruises in my future. Let me add that we had 5 Carnival cruises under our belt up until 2007 before trying other lines, so I, too, remember the Midnight Buffets with ice sculptures, and many more perks for just being a Past Cruiser, no matter how many cruises you had with them, including cocktail parties with complimentary drinks and appetizers. I also received a large gift bag full of goodies when I booked a cruise billed as a Past Cruiser Cruise, and that was only my 4 th cruise with Carnival. Now, you have to be a Platinum or Diamond guest to get those perks. So, I remember a lot that is now gone, but the value remains for a great cruise.

okay i will let you know. i have one cruise booked with them on the miracle. And the following month with rccl. I will let you know if i agree with your critique. 

I've read some reviews from people off the Horizon this past month and they were offered only service morning or evening. Only one not both. Anyone know if that is true for that ship?

50 minutes ago, ccd228 said:

I've read some reviews from people off the Horizon this past month and they were offered only service morning or evening. Only one not both. Anyone know if that is true for that ship?

We were on Horizon a few weeks ago and our cabin steward only offered us a choice of morning or evening.  On other cruises we have been offered morning, evening or both. I know Carnival is moving towards servicing a room only once a day, but most likely you can still have your cabin serviced twice a day if you request it. We requested morning service, so I can’t tell you for sure if you will get service twice a day if you request it. 

On 4/5/2019 at 2:16 PM, grandmarnnurse said:

No doubt Carnival has made a lot of cutbacks over the years, but their cruise prices have remained pretty stable, which appeals to me. I would rather pay a lower cruise rate, even if it means my cabin is only serviced once a day, no tablecloths in the MDR except for elegant nights, limited perks for returning guests, etc.