Are you embracing the thick, dark eyebrow look?

mafig

I guess I'm old enough to have seen all the eyebrow styles.

Now they're telling us that thicker eyebrows look "younger."  While I don't like and don't wear the very thin eyebrow look, I find some of the thick eyebrows very jarring on a face.  Especially when they're dark.

• Like 2

Agree.  Several years ago, a Red Door make up artist penciled in heavier eyebrows.  I just started laughing.  With dirty blonde hair, the darker and thicker eyebrows looked silly.  I can't imagine the even darker ones of today on me.

I "embraced" that heavy brow look from age 11 until my late 50's.  Thank goodness nature decided I could finally have thinner eyebrows!!!!

I always thought Brooke Shields eyebrows looked weird, and she was pretty much the original heavy eyebrow trendsetter when she was a teenage model.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like the extremely thick obviously fake eye brows and I especially think they would look strange on most of us older women.  I don't like extremely thin brows either.

I don't mind natural looking thicker brows, but the new penciled in ones just look silly in most cases.  Some of my granddaughters are what I can only call obsessed with brows.

But, this too will pass.  Eyebrow styles come and go.  It's like leggings.  I told my granddaughters that I had been through at least 3 (maybe more) legging/jegging/tights trends before this one.  They looked unbelieving.  What goes comes again.  Sometimes unfortunately!

Yep, they look weird on some actresses who formerly had the eyebrow shapes we’ve been used to since, what, the 90s or so? 

Some of them get them essentially tattooed on (microblading), which seems like a bad idea for a fashion that may pass.

If you google actress Aya Cash, I think she’s a good example of someone who switched to the new look and looks older with it. 

I’m not a fashionista, and admittedly I may be reaching the age where current fashions just look unflattering to me now. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes, but that is my natural brow...and it's not thick like the extreme "instagram brows". I had the pencil thin brows of the 90s and then was luckily able to grow them back over the last 5 years or so. I just shape them a little and fill in ever so slightly, in the patchy areas.