Recommendations: 1st time in Aruba w/10 yr. old.

Racer70

We'll be in Aruba for our 1st time on RCI's "Freedom of the Seas" at the end of July 2019 from 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. Our active 10 yr. old daughter, who loves to swim will also be with us. I noted that a Disney cruise ship will also be in port the same day, but arriving a little later.

We're aware of Jolly Pirates, Sailaway Tours & Black Pearl tours. I have also seen some suggestions to rent a car/jeep and tour the "wild" side of the island and its beaches. We'd like to snorkel, swim and enjoy some beach time, but also might enjoy seeing a bit of the island and being on our own. As I said, we're only in Aruba for about 12 hours and would like to make the most of our time, but being realistic and not over booking ourselves.

Any recommendations for a full day in Aruba? TIA

If your daughter loves to swim in the ocean you can go to one of the beaches and rent a couple of loungers. Relax and have a best beach day. The water and sand in Aruba is the best. DePalm Island is another option. 

I don’t think it’s necessary to see the wild side of the island if it’s only your first visit and you love the ocean. 

Sailaway Tours morning trip, get off boat and walk right onto the beach to spend the afternoon in the ocean. (they give you a decent lunch so you don't have to worry about food right away)

If you decide to see the island you have plenty of time post snorkel/beach if you're there until 9!

Edited by NateUpNorth

On 2/23/2019 at 5:54 PM, Got2Cruise said:

If your daughter loves to swim in the ocean you can go to one of the beaches and rent a couple of loungers. Relax and have a best beach day. The water and sand in Aruba is the best. DePalm Island is another option. 

I don’t think it’s necessary to see the wild side of the island if it’s only your first visit and you love the ocean. 

Agree with the above!

Also with the very good option of going to DePalm Island.