Nieuw Statendam night light?

VitaminSea53

HAL ships typically do not have night lighting in the bathrooms and the power outlet is controlled by the light switch, so taking along a standard night light isn't a viable option either. Maybe they've addressed this shortcoming on the NS, but I won't be boarding for a few more months. 

I don't think there is a night light in the bathroom.  Some posters have mentioned a light strip under the wardrobe that lights as you move past it, but you still have to negotiate your way from the bed and get to the bathroom.

We take a battery operated LED night light which we leave on the floor just inside the stateroom door and leave the bathroom light switched on all night.

The Koningsdam has a strip light at floor level at the bottom of the angled unit that transitions from the closets to the TV wall.  It is controlled by a motion sensor that looks along the floor across the foot of the bed and along the side of the bed towards the bathroom.  It is very effective at lighting your path at night without lighting up the whole room.  There is not a nightlight in the bathroom, but the outlet by the sink is always on, not controlled by the lightswitch as on most of the older ships.  I assume the Nieuw Statendam is the same.

The plug in the bathroom will not accommodate a plug in nightlight. Take some sort of battery operated light (tea light etc) . We bring the free lights from Harbor Freight that have a little hook on them and just leave in the cabin when we’re finished with the cruise.

No nightlight in the bathroom on the NS.  There is not the strip of light that turns on as one passes it either as described above.  What there is is some sort of reflective strip along the bottom of the bathroom wall that reflects the ambient light from the hallway -at least, that's how I think it works - so you can make your way along the bathroom wall.  There are two switches on the exterior wall of the bathroom; one is right next to the bathroom door and the other is at the door to the hallway.  Both have a green light at night.  I just felt along the wall near the bathroom switch and easily located the door handle.  Inside the bathroom, we used a battery operated tea light on the counter.