Viking river cruise cabins- walls metal?

mcmahan706

I read a thread from 2018 which said they are not.  The door to the room may be but that’s it.

I too use magnets on ocean cruises for hats, to hang a wet swim suit on and even hang a small mesh flat hanger on the wall for extra storage of sunglasses and small items. So I’m trying to figure out what to do for our river cruise without magnets.

We have a tiny cabin for 2 weeks and I can’t stand a mess.  I plan on small 11x5 containers that fold flat (for travel) for the bathroom. (I think they will fit on the Viking glass shelves in the bathroom.  Otherwise I’ll be knocking things into the toilet). Small 5x5 container ( fold flat) for the desk area for sunglasses and some foldable small boxes for storage for one of the shelves in the closet area. ( I keep some protein bars, ziplocks, sunscreen, OTC meds etc. in these.) Hopefully these and our packing cubes will keep things tidy.

Check out Amazon small foldable cloth storage bins if you’re wondering what I use. At home people use them for socks, underwear, etc.  On cruises they have a lot of uses to store small stuff, fold flat and weigh almost nothing.

You can also find some of these foldable boxes at the dollar store. I have a pop up dirty clothes hamper from there too that I keep on the closet floor.

Sorry if I changed the subject of the thread but if you use magnets to help with storage I guess it kind of relates.

Edited by cruiselvr04

22 hours ago, mcmahan706 said:

I have only cruised once- ocean. The walls of the cabin and we brought magnet hooks which were helpful.  

Are Viking river cruise cabin walls metal? 

Viking has various ship designs, so the answer may vary by ship.

I just bought the Command removable stick-on hooks for our next cruise; we are cruise in March and will have overcoats with us which will take up a lot of the hanging space in the small closet. Also, the magnetic hooks cannot be used for heavier items because they will slide right down the wall. I bring suction cup hooks to use on the shower door because there is never enough hanging space for our hand laundry (and I bring metal clip hangers).  Suction cups only work on very smooth surfaces like glass and mirrors.