Jump to content

List of No No items to bring on cruise.


Recommended Posts

I saw somewhere on  here that you aren't allowed to bring extension cords onboard but I can't find anywhere on Celebrity where they mention that extensions cords are not allowed. So I was wondering if there is a list out there of items that will land you in a naughty room?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Try under Before you Board -

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/help-and-faqs/pre-cruise/before-you-board

 

A.

What Not To Pack

Weapons, illegal drugs, and other items that could interfere with the safe operation of the ship or the safe and secure environment of our guests and crew are prohibited. The United States Transportation Security Administration also recommends that you do not pack fragile or expensive items (such as jewelry) in checked luggage.

The following are examples of items that guests are not allowed to bring onboard. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned.

  • Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.
  • *Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors.
  • Illegal Drugs & Substances
  • **Aerial Drones
  • Candles & Incense
  • ***Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates
  • Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows
  • Skateboards & Surfboards
  • Martial Arts Gear
  • Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.
  • Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.
  • HAM Radios
  • Hookahs & Water Hookah Pipes.
  • Electrical Extension Cords
  • Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.
  • ****Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
  • Potentially hazardous food and/or food that requires refrigeration. 

Note:

*Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.

**Aerial Drones: guests are welcome to bring drones on their cruise for use on land only and outside of the port area. Drones are not to be operated onboard the ship at any time. Different countries may have different rules. Guests assume full responsibility for understanding all local authority rules related to drone usage and for obtaining ay required permissions for drone operations. Any liability, including environmental damage from drone usage is the guest’s responsibility. Celebrity Cruises assumes no liability for guests drones that may be confiscated by local authorities for violating local laws or for any accident or injury resulting from a guest drone flight. While onboard, drones must be stored safely in the stateroom. Drones used on the ship will be confiscated till the end of the cruise. A Guest Conduct Policy warning will be issued and guests may be subject to disembarkation at their own expense for onboard drone usage.

***Items that generate heat or produce an open flame. This includes heating pads, clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. NOTE: The only exception to this policy are curling irons and hair straighteners. Matches and normal lighteners are allowed onboard. However "torch lighters" and novelty lighters that look like guns are not allowed onboard. Torch lighters emit a powerful concentrated flame, and therefore are prohibited.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, it is buried way down on that page. It took me some work to find it a couple months ago. I ordered an extension cord without surge protection before I found that. I ended up cancelled that order and bought some adapters from eBay for my upcoming cruise.

Edited by Tourist1292
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Try under Before you Board -

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/help-and-faqs/pre-cruise/before-you-board

 

A.

What Not To Pack

Weapons, illegal drugs, and other items that could interfere with the safe operation of the ship or the safe and secure environment of our guests and crew are prohibited. The United States Transportation Security Administration also recommends that you do not pack fragile or expensive items (such as jewelry) in checked luggage.

The following are examples of items that guests are not allowed to bring onboard. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned.

  • Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.
  • *Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors.
  • Illegal Drugs & Substances
  • **Aerial Drones
  • Candles & Incense
  • ***Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates
  • Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows
  • Skateboards & Surfboards
  • Martial Arts Gear
  • Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.
  • Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.
  • HAM Radios
  • Hookahs & Water Hookah Pipes.
  • Electrical Extension Cords
  • Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.
  • ****Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
  • Potentially hazardous food and/or food that requires refrigeration. 

Note:

*Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.

**Aerial Drones: guests are welcome to bring drones on their cruise for use on land only and outside of the port area. Drones are not to be operated onboard the ship at any time. Different countries may have different rules. Guests assume full responsibility for understanding all local authority rules related to drone usage and for obtaining ay required permissions for drone operations. Any liability, including environmental damage from drone usage is the guest’s responsibility. Celebrity Cruises assumes no liability for guests drones that may be confiscated by local authorities for violating local laws or for any accident or injury resulting from a guest drone flight. While onboard, drones must be stored safely in the stateroom. Drones used on the ship will be confiscated till the end of the cruise. A Guest Conduct Policy warning will be issued and guests may be subject to disembarkation at their own expense for onboard drone usage.

***Items that generate heat or produce an open flame. This includes heating pads, clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. NOTE: The only exception to this policy are curling irons and hair straighteners. Matches and normal lighteners are allowed onboard. However "torch lighters" and novelty lighters that look like guns are not allowed onboard. Torch lighters emit a powerful concentrated flame, and therefore are prohibited.

Thank you so much for this!!! All right I was not planning on bringing any of that other stuff on board so I'm good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Tourist1292 said:

Yes, it is buried way down on that page. It took me some work to find it a couple months ago. I ordered an extension cord without surge protection before I found that. I ended up cancelled that order and bought some adapters from eBay for my upcoming cruise.

I just got an extension cord without surge protection. My family (who I travel with) always had one because the plugs were always in awkward locations in the cabin. [My dad said I can claim it is a phone charger as it has 3 USB ports, that I will probably use way more than the outlets].

 

*Also, my dad said they will offer to provide an extension cord if you need one for medical reasons (i.e. CPAP machine).

 

Has anyone here actually have one confiscated???

Edited by Newbie2006
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Newbie2006 said:

I just got an extension cord without surge protection. My family (who I travel with) always had one because the plugs were always in awkward locations in the cabin. [My dad said I can claim it is a phone charger as it has 3 USB ports, that I will probably use way more than the outlets].

 

*Also, my dad said they will offer to provide an extension cord if you need one for medical reasons (i.e. CPAP machine).

 

Has anyone here actually have one confiscated???

My DD (who is disabled) had a heating pad for medical reasons. She needed an extension cord to reach her bed. Apparently, using the heating pad and a hair dryer at the same time tripped the circuit breaker and cut power to a couple of cabins. They confiscated the extension cord but not the heating pad. Go figure.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We were leaving the Terminal in Miami and there was a table just packed with confiscated items with labels on them. Looked like a flea market.  There were a number of irons, heating pads, extension cords, surge suppressors, etc.  I was surprised at how many items had been confiscated and being returned.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Newbie2006 said:

I just got an extension cord without surge protection. My family (who I travel with) always had one because the plugs were always in awkward locations in the cabin. [My dad said I can claim it is a phone charger as it has 3 USB ports, that I will probably use way more than the outlets].

 

*Also, my dad said they will offer to provide an extension cord if you need one for medical reasons (i.e. CPAP machine).

 

Has anyone here actually have one confiscated???

It is not what you claim it is. You got an extension cord with USB charging port. I got those at home too but it is not classified as phone charger even at store. Yours likely has surge protection which is also banned in other cruise lines.

Edited by Tourist1292
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Newbie2006 said:

I just got an extension cord without surge protection. My family (who I travel with) always had one because the plugs were always in awkward locations in the cabin. [My dad said I can claim it is a phone charger as it has 3 USB ports, that I will probably use way more than the outlets].

 

*Also, my dad said they will offer to provide an extension cord if you need one for medical reasons (i.e. CPAP machine).

 

Has anyone here actually have one confiscated???

You don't actually lose the item. They hold it and have a "Naughty Table" where all the items are there for when you get off on debarkation  day. You will see a myriad of items as you pass by from irons, folding pocket knives, power strips, hot pots, and the like.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Newbie2006 said:

I just got an extension cord without surge protection. My family (who I travel with) always had one because the plugs were always in awkward locations in the cabin. [My dad said I can claim it is a phone charger as it has 3 USB ports, that I will probably use way more than the outlets].

 

*Also, my dad said they will offer to provide an extension cord if you need one for medical reasons (i.e. CPAP machine).

 

Has anyone here actually have one confiscated???

I had one held for me -  was a pain to go to the naughty room and then have to collect again on departure.

 

Remember that you don't have to bring an extension cord.    Just ask your stateroom attendant or butler and you will have one in minutes.

 

I always request one in advance now after having being summoned to the Naughty Room.   The have long ones, short ones, 120V, 220 V,  etc.   Our butler asked us if we needed a power strip also... so they have them on board. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember before we did our first cruise last year going through that list reading 'surfboard' and having a good chuckle

someone once obviously tried to board a celebrity ship with a surfboard - hence why they are not allowed.

 

when we dropped our luggage off in Sydney before our cruise there were a couple of people at the passenger terminal waving around extension leads and multi-boxes saying that if anyone has one in their bag to remove it as they are not permitted on board

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Muffinz said:

I remember before we did our first cruise last year going through that list reading 'surfboard' and having a good chuckle

someone once obviously tried to board a celebrity ship with a surfboard - hence why they are not allowed.

 

when we dropped our luggage off in Sydney before our cruise there were a couple of people at the passenger terminal waving around extension leads and multi-boxes saying that if anyone has one in their bag to remove it as they are not permitted on board

On another board there was a picture of a multiple  outlet cord that the person said they TOOK along and it was okay, I had one and TOOK it along, guess what 🤔, my husband had to go to naughty room😁

Link to post
Share on other sites

So what’s the latest on corkscrews to open the two bottles of wine per cabin that you ARE allowed to bring? Sometimes people report no problem. Sometimes they are confiscated. If my butler can give me one to use in my suite, why can’t  I bring one with me when I do not have a butler to solve the problem?

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Straughn said:

If my butler can give me one to use in my suite, why can’t  I bring one with me when I do not have a butler to solve the problem?

 

Upon request, your Room Steward will gladly provide a corkscrew for your use.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Xport said:

 

Upon request, your Room Steward will gladly provide a corkscrew for your use.

Its a logical question. If the ship will provide one, upon request, why can’t you carry on one on yourself?

It’s not a question about whether its the butler or stateroom attendant who supplies it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2019 at 10:59 AM, Germancruiser said:

Not bringing non alcoholic beverages? Thats new- i always bring a short supply of Organge Juice ( not from concentrate) for the Minibar in my stateroom- THAT was never - ever a problem! Can anyone enlighten me if that changed?

 

I was wondering about this as well...

I read that it was perfectly fine in the past to bring on-alcohol beverages, and cruisers just sent packs of bottled water or juices or soda onboard as luggage...

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, justcrusn said:

Its a logical question. If the ship will provide one, upon request, why can’t you carry on one on yourself?

It’s not a question about whether its the butler or stateroom attendant who supplies it.

Surge protector is not allowed on cruise ships due to the different way of wiring on ship than a typical household on ground. Sometimes, it is hard to tell if an extension cord has surge protection or not. So it would be safer to ban all extension cords from passenger but provide one simple extension cord that they know it has no surge protection.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...