Question about iced tea

Shmoo here

27 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

I did try to find an answer, but couldn't - is the iced tea onboard a mix?  Or brewed?

Someone recently told me it is a mix with preservatives.    You can make tea and add ice.   I do it all the time.

Peter

7 minutes ago, SFO PETER said:

Someone recently told me it is a mix with preservatives.    You can make tea and add ice.   I do it all the time.

Peter

Well, I'll give it a try, but I typically don't like pre-made ice tea mix.  I may wind up making my own.

The iced tea (except for in the Pinnacle Grill) is a mix and is awful.  Making your own is a time consuming activity if you like it cold.  I drink iced tea 12 months a year at home but I give up on it onboard a ship - and it is not just HAL.

• Like 2

I like the iced tea in the Lido. I don't know if it's a mix or brewed, but it tastes all right to me.
Try it, after all there's no charge. If you don't like it after one sip, don't drink any more of it. You may find you like it after all.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RuthC said:

I like the iced tea in the Lido. I don't know if it's a mix or brewed, but it tastes all right to me.
Try it, after all there's no charge. If you don't like it after one sip, don't drink any more of it. You may find you like it after all.

I said, I'd give it a try.  If it's a fluid mix, it's sometimes not as bad as the powered mixes.  I truly hate the powered mixes.

• 4 weeks later...

I was on the Nieuw Statendam in January and the Rotterdam a couple of weeks ago and the ice tea was a mix on both. I like brewed tea. It wasn't as bad as some I've  had but I could tell it wasn't brewed. I drank soft drinks (which I rarely do) or water instead. I thought seriously about brewing my own but decided it wasn't that big of a deal since I was on vacation! 

On 2/24/2019 at 8:38 PM, Shmoo here said:

I said, I'd give it a try.  If it's a fluid mix, it's sometimes not as bad as the powered mixes.  I truly hate the powered mixes.

Me too!!  When I was a kid I sat right by the kitchen window during dinner and the wind would blow the ice tea off my dad and mom's spoons as they were making their instant Ice tea and Yuck that smell and flavor ewwwww.... I'll try HAL's tea once and see what I think!  Have a great cruise Shmoo!

• 2 weeks later...