Chic Night on Equinox - What are people wearing?

scher123

On all of our other cruises, hubby has taken his DS and I have packed something sparkly for me to wear.    Reviews seem to indicate that this is not the case on Equinox and perhaps a nice shirt and tie and designer jeans/trousers may be all that is required for men.     As we all know, baggage allowance these days is somewhat limited and just want to make sure that we only pack what is really needed.

Thx

They were everything from jeans and polos to tuxedos. Pack what you'd like and you'll be fine. Most people fall somewhere in the middle these days. DH now just takes a sport jacket and dress shirt for evening chic nights, he used to take a tux back in the days of formal. I no longer take gowns but instead opt for pants with sparkly tops or sun dresses.

We were on 2 weeks ago. Everything from very casual to tuxes on men. I would say the 'norm' was a blazer of some sort of a suit with no tie, even if with jeans. Women were in suits, dresses and everything in between. We did have a chic night on Valentine's Day so I imagine people dressed up a little more than usual. Some people got more creative and had more fun with it while others were more traditional. I personally wouldn't be comfortable without a jacket.

I find that the dress is a mixture of everything from designer jeans and a nice shirt to Tux or Kilts. My guesstimate would be 15% Tux, Sports jacket with/without tie 30%,  Dress Slacks and Shirt with/without tie 30%, Jeans and shirt with/without tie 25%

We wear a dinner jacket and Bow Ties - 

• Like 3

If you're going to check a bag anyway, you've got the same 50 pounds you always did, and that's not much of a limitation. I bring a ton of stuff (proud to do it!), and I rarely can get more than 42 pounds in my checked bag.

Dress as you like, but don't use the luggage thing as an excuse not to bring nice clothes.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

Dress as you like, but don't use the luggage thing as an excuse not to bring nice clothes.

I'm thinking one doesn't need an excuse for what they pack or don't pack as long as one conforms to the chic nights dress code.

Some people prefer to dress up.  Some people prefer to be casual. 

Do what ever you want within Celebrity's guidelines, and you have no reason to answer to anyone else or feel guilty for not dressing like others. 

• Like 3

I was on the Equinox last month and I saw everything from long evening dresses to dress pants on ladies. On men it seemed most wore dress pants with a shirt and tie or dress pants with shirt and sport coat.

The first chic night I wore a sequined skirt and dressy top. I saw lots of ladies in their long formal gowns and I wished I had brought mine. I didn't because usually there are few who really dress up anymore (sadly).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, basil1 said:

I was on the Equinox last month and I saw everything from long evening dresses to dress pants on ladies. On men it seemed most wore dress pants with a shirt and tie or dress pants with shirt and sport coat.

The first chic night I wore a sequined skirt and dressy top. I saw lots of ladies in their long formal gowns and I wished I had brought mine. I didn't because usually there are few who really dress up anymore (sadly).

Thank u for saying that. I too love to dress up and enjoy the moments I do and was second guessing if to bring a gown or not.  Decision made gown it is. 😍

• Like 4

On 2/26/2019 at 1:15 PM, latinasoy said:

Thank u for saying that. I too love to dress up and enjoy the moments I do and was second guessing if to bring a gown or not.  Decision made gown it is. 😍

You're welcome!! Someone has to the the Belle of the ball... it might as well be you. It will be me in May, lol.

• Like 1

• Since we started cruising on Celebrity (Nov 2014) I have always taken my kilt. It is a proper dress kilt and weighs in at about 4kg (9lbs) and have never had any problem with luggage weight. I wear it on the chic nights because I like wearing it and it is a great way of getting to speak to people who probably wouldn't speak if it were not for the kilt. I will be taking it in September on our ABC cruise on board the Equinox.
  • Alan
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, ShonaTay56 said:
  • Since we started cruising on Celebrity (Nov 2014) I have always taken my kilt. It is a proper dress kilt and weighs in at about 4kg (9lbs) and have never had any problem with luggage weight. I wear it on the chic nights because I like wearing it and it is a great way of getting to speak to people who probably wouldn't speak if it were not for the kilt. I will be taking it in September on our ABC cruise on board the Equinox.
  • Alan

We'll look for you!  DH will be in an ordinary black tux.....

Love to dress up usually something black and calf length.  DH says he is bringing his tux on next cruise. Last  two cruises he brought a jacket for 1st chic night and a suit for second. We saw lots of gentlemen in tux and ladies in cocktail dresses. Whatever floats your boat 🚣‍♀️ 😉

• Like 1