Ocean World & Dolphin Swim

runningmoms2girls

We are surprising our girls (10 & 13) with their first cruise this summer.  For Amber Cove we are thinking about doing the excursion to Ocean World and doing the Dolphin Encounter.  I haven't seen very many posts on Ocean World and the ones I have found are older.

Has anyone been there that can recommend it?  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2019 at 11:44 AM, runningmoms2girls said:

Please come back and let me know what you think.  Are you doing the encounter or the dolphin swim?  I'm torn as to which one to do.  

Yes...the Carnival reviews are all good.  Fingers crossed!

We are doing "Dolphin Swim & Ocean World Day Pass".

I had asked in another post about the timing as we are signed up for the early tour... 8:30-1:30 and the ship leaves at 3:00 pm.  Wondering what else to do at Ocean World and if anyone had experiences to share, but seems not many on this board...

• 3 weeks later...

Yes!  We did the Ocean World Excursion with the dolphin swim in deep water and I would recommend it.  You spend about 30 minutes in the water with the dolphins (2).  Each group has 10 people but you get to pet, kiss, hug, do dorsal pull and feet push.  Everyone had a great time.

In the park there is also a place to snorkel, a separate pool area and shows to see birds, sharks, sea lions....and of course a dolphin show.  You won't be able to get it all in.  Definitely do the dolphin show as well.

Don't do the buffet though.  It was not worth it.  Order off the lunch menu, it was a little pricey...$10 for a burger, but that food looked like much better than what we got on the buffet which I would rate a poor.

For those that have gone to Ocean World, was there transportation back to the ship at intervals or was there a set drop off and pick-up time. We have a few in our party that probably would only want to do a couple of hours and they don't want to be "stuck" there.

• 2 months later...

@Hoops_Baller how were the prices for pictures and video? We are looking at this excursion for us and our 3 kids and I know I will want all the pictures but afraid it will cost as much as the excursion for all 5 of us. 😜

The pics are about $10 per pic.  I think you could get a CD though with all of them for approximately $100...but not totally sure.  They take a ton of pictures but many of them don't turn out because they are action shots, and/or you aren't really posing.  They just snap off dozens and dozens of them.  We opted to just buy one pic of each of us.