Soda package question

So my family and I are taking our first cruise April 20 2020 next year on the Mariner of the Seas. I have some questions about the soda package. Do you have to purchase the soda package for everyone in the stateroom? My oldest daughter has kidney issues and she does not drink soda at all, but my husband on the other hand can’t go without his soda lol. I like soda but I might buy maybe one the entire week. Also is the price the same for adults as it is kids? My youngest like the occasional soda and if it’s the same price as an adult price I’m not sure if it would be worth it for her on the package. Neither me nor my husband drink so I won’t be buying the alchole package. 

1 hour ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

They are too young to know the difference! 🙄

Def not going to share, but thank y’all for the answers lol. I’d say a lot of people probably do that. Does anyone know if the mariner of the seas has to free style coke machine? If so I know they have flavored water so might get my youngest the package she drink more then. 

4 minutes ago, Mistylou0713 said:

Def not going to share, but thank y’all for the answers lol. I’d say a lot of people probably do that. Does anyone know if the mariner of the seas has to free style coke machine? If so I know they have flavored water so might get my youngest the package she drink more then. 

Mariner has the Freetyle machines.

3 minutes ago, Mistylou0713 said:

Ok great thank you. I know the alchole package usually goes on sale for a lower price but the drink package doesn’t correct? 

Do you mean the soda package or the Refreshment package?

10 minutes ago, Mistylou0713 said:

Do they count debarkation as one of the days for the drink packages? 

You are charged by the number of nights.

The package includes whatever beverages might be available on disembarkation day.

Keep an eye on the soda package price- it seems all of the drink packages go up and down in price, with a drop almost for sure Black Friday/cyber Monday.  I tend to purchase my drink package right away, then cancel/rebook when the price drops.  I also do this with excursions 🙂

11 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

You are charged by the number of nights.

The package includes whatever beverages might be available on disembarkation day.

And, I noticed on Symphony that they removed the boozed from the coffee shop debarkation day, so you couldn’t get boozy coffee that morning.

1 hour ago, vacationlover_mn said:

And, I noticed on Symphony that they removed the boozed from the coffee shop debarkation day, so you couldn’t get boozy coffee that morning.

I wonder if the WJ bar still served alcohol on the last morning?

For your husband, if he likes coffee drinks you might think about the refreshment package.  During a sale it is only a few dollars a day more and adds mocktails, bottled water, and coffee drinks.

19 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

For your husband, if he likes coffee drinks you might think about the refreshment package.  During a sale it is only a few dollars a day more and adds mocktails, bottled water, and coffee drinks.

I actually thought about that one for me. I don’t drink soda but I do love my coffee. 

27 minutes ago, Mistylou0713 said:

I actually thought about that one for me. I don’t drink soda but I do love my coffee. 

I had the package on Empress and definitely made use of the refreshment package for coffee drinks (regular coffee is free but not great) like cappuccinos, expressos, etc.

However, if you are not going to use it for other items like bottled water, bottled sparking water, mocktails, etc. you might want to think about just the coffee card.  It can save a few dollars over the cost of buying the individual coffee drinks.

FYI, they add a gratuity to the refreshment package at checkout.  However, if it is on sale it can still make sense IF you will use it enough.  Prices of the refreshment package go up and down all the time.  The best prices I have seen are usually around black Friday.

If it wasn't mentioned before at least for now you can purchase a package and if the price goes down cancel the original and repurchase at the lower price.

It does mean checking cruise planner periodically.

Finally,  I hope you have looked into travel medical insurance.  Most policies do NOT cover pre-existing conditions unless the policy was purchased within so many days of putting a deposit down on the trip.