Jump to content

LIVE review: Navigator of the Seas ABC Islands (1st-10th March)


Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, EmilyJay said:

 

The Bamboo Room have “speciality cocktails” at $14 and “Classic cocktails” at $12 

 

The flight this time for us felt like it was lasting forever which is a first! Usually it goes by fairly quickly. But it’s all been worth it so far! 

 

Adventure Ocean is closed, haven’t heard a reason why but have heard it’s just for this cruise. Will keep you posted if it opens up or I find out why it’s closed. 

There were Adventure Ocean sign ups in the Cosmopolitan Club earlier today though. 

 

The drinks package has been going down well! 

Emily you are tasked with going to the bamboo room and ordering one of the $14 drinks to see if they charge you the extra $1 or $2 depending on the limit 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Ronaldo807 said:

My wife and I were watching one of the videos and were joking about that being the running track. I didn't actually think it was...I don't see how you would even be able to pass someone walking and I can foresee having to dodge a lot of people and lounges on the run.

 

The track also doesn't appear to complete a loop. Do you just run to the one side, turn around, and run back? Or am I missing something?

Yup that’s the running track. It does a loop around the foward half of deck 12. 

 

@Ronaldo807 That task will be easy, I’m not keen on the cheaper cocktails in the Bamboo Room but I like most of the $14 ones typically 😂 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, EmilyJay said:

Yup that’s the running track. It does a loop around the foward half of deck 12. 

 

@Ronaldo807 That task will be easy, I’m not keen on the cheaper cocktails in the Bamboo Room but I like most of the $14 ones typically 😂 

 

I look forward to your report back :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, DChamp said:

EmilyJay, what's a good sail-away bar on the outside up high?

Lime & Coconut?

 

 

Upper bar at Lime & Coconut was going to be my suggestion after Twangster's Periscopes yesterday 😉 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

Only cruise line on the planet you have to pay for a burger or hot dog and a page of the thread applauding the "reasonable" pricing.  Mariner revitalization included a "Dog House" at no additional charge. 

 

If Royal had a free burger location (besides the Windjammer), on their ships prior to this renovation, then I would agree.  However, Johnny Rockets has ALWAYS been a "paid for" location.  It's no different now other than that it's more conveniently located by the pool.  El Loco Fresh is a new free location, and I'm very happy about that.  Like you mention, Playmakers has pub food for a nominal fee, and I'm very happy about that.  Those are both new options that I never had before.   I love that I have a food option that isn't simply the Cafe Promenade later each evening, and Playmakers is a great addition for me.  I'm happy about that.

 

For us, the new pricing at Johnny Rockets works MUCH better.  Our family of 5 doesn't eat enough there to justify the fixed price they had before.  We could easily have one of the burgers each (or perhaps split a large burger between 2), and split 2-3 fries between all of us.  We already have the soda package so don't need drinks.  Not only is it lower cost for us, but I really like the idea of popping in for a $6 burger instead of making Johnny Rockets a long event like before.

 

I understand why folks want free burgers by the pool, however Royal has never had that as far as I'm aware, but they did just give us El Loco Fresh.  If folks are so hung about about free burgers in the pool area, go to Carnival or Celebrity, but they each have their other differences too to weigh in your choice.


Dan

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

 

If Royal had a free burger location (besides the Windjammer), on their ships prior to this renovation, then I would agree.  However, Johnny Rockets has ALWAYS been a "paid for" location.  It's no different now other than that it's more conveniently located by the pool.  El Loco Fresh is a new free location, and I'm very happy about that.  Like you mention, Playmakers has pub food for a nominal fee, and I'm very happy about that.  Those are both new options that I never had before.   I love that I have a food option that isn't simply the Cafe Promenade later each evening, and Playmakers is a great addition for me.  I'm happy about that.

 

For us, the new pricing at Johnny Rockets works MUCH better.  Our family of 5 doesn't eat enough there to justify the fixed price they had before.  We could easily have one of the burgers each (or perhaps split a large burger between 2), and split 2-3 fries between all of us.  We already have the soda package so don't need drinks.  Not only is it lower cost for us, but I really like the idea of popping in for a $6 burger instead of making Johnny Rockets a long event like before.

 

I understand why folks want free burgers by the pool, however Royal has never had that as far as I'm aware, but they did just give us El Loco Fresh.  If folks are so hung about about free burgers in the pool area, go to Carnival or Celebrity, but they each have their other differences too to weigh in your choice.


Dan

 

Difference is a much more limited menu and no waiters. JR on all the ships other than Quantum class is a restaurant. This is more akin to a buffet.

 

To me, on a cruise ship, this little difference makes all the difference in the world. Are there even other examples of cruise lines charging for grab and go food?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got two questions for anyone who is ON this sailing --- Who is your Activity Manager and who is the Cruise Director?  It is easy to find the name of the Cruise Director since it is listed on the officer's sheet.  The Activity Manager often is the one who co-hosts the morning show with the CD but also is the 2nd in command of the activities on board.

 

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EmilyJay said:

Definitely the Lime & Coconut for a sail-away bar. 

 

Thanks for providing so much information for all of us anticipating our upcoming cruises. (We sail 12 April) So, I am trying to get a sense of what amenities are found in the cabins. Robes? Hairdryer? Enough outlets? Table/desk? We have a balcony on Deck 7 midship. Does the shower have shower gel or soap & shampoo? Any answers are helpful. Have a fantastic time!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

EmilyJay...are you planning on going to the Escape Room?? Curious on the reviews on this also!! 

 

And to answer a post...No robes in rooms for regular balcony rooms.

There is small containers of shampoo/and liquid soap, But you want want to bring your own bar of soap!!

Hair dryers are hidden in desk drawers.

 

Going in 13 days!!! 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, generaljar said:

 

Thanks for providing so much information for all of us anticipating our upcoming cruises. (We sail 12 April) So, I am trying to get a sense of what amenities are found in the cabins. Robes? Hairdryer? Enough outlets? Table/desk? We have a balcony on Deck 7 midship. Does the shower have shower gel or soap & shampoo? Any answers are helpful. Have a fantastic time!

 

No robes. 

Yes, the hairdryer is in one of the draws in the desk. 

Plenty of outlets. 

A 2 in 1 shampoo/ conditioner combo is in a dispenser in the shower as well as a small bar of soap. 

Also, lots of mirrors in the cabin! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2019 at 9:20 AM, kevnick0814 said:

Following.

Thanks for doing this. We are on Nav 4 weeks later. 🙂

My first question is based on the pix of Nav that I saw this morning.

With all the 'stuff' that's on the top decks, where are all the deck chairs going to fit??

 

They’re not.  Solarium and pool deck much smaller, fewer chairs, very crowded.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wine-overboard said:

Can someone on board confirm the smoking areas? We have a balcony on deck 6 on the starboard side of the ship and are a little worried about smoke from deck 4 or 5.

 

 

Deck 4, Promenade, Port Side, I think.  None by the pool!  They moved it to Deck 12. Up stairs outside  of the Windjammer and up the steps.  Small, crowded with some lounge chairs and no tables right in the morning sun with no shade.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2019 at 11:42 AM, roperkim said:

I would love to hear feedback on anyone who can scope out the fitness center for me 🙂

 

I've recently been doing kickboxing workouts and am going to try to spend some time in the gym on my upcoming cruise (Mar. 15) for the first time in 12 cruises! I'm hoping to find out whether the Navigator gym offers any heavy bags, speed bags, etc. that I can use. If not, I guess I'll be leaving the gloves at home.

 

Have a great cruise! I am anxious to get on board in a couple weeks.

It’s not completed so who knows.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2019 at 9:20 AM, kevnick0814 said:

Following.

Thanks for doing this. We are on Nav 4 weeks later. 🙂

My first question is based on the pix of Nav that I saw this morning.

With all the 'stuff' that's on the top decks, where are all the deck chairs going to fit??

 

They’renot.  Smalle Solarium and pool deck.  Fewer chairs. Very crowded.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Paulette3028 said:

Got two questions for anyone who is ON this sailing --- Who is your Activity Manager and who is the Cruise Director?  It is easy to find the name of the Cruise Director since it is listed on the officer's sheet.  The Activity Manager often is the one who co-hosts the morning show with the CD but also is the 2nd in command of the activities on board.

 

Thanks.

 

The Cruise Director is Hugo Arenas. Can't help with the Activities Manager as haven't seen the morning show yet. I'll post when I find out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, tiessa said:

Deck 4, Promenade, Port Side, I think.  None by the pool!  They moved it to Deck 12. Up stairs outside  of the Windjammer and up the steps.  Small, crowded with some lounge chairs and no tables right in the morning sun with no shade.

If that is the case, they clearly are not making it appealing to smokers....and since I don't smoke, it isn't a problem for me.

 

 If there is no smoking area on the pool deck....that is fine to me....since invariably I end up walking through the smoking side more than I want to getting from place to place....so that would suit me just fine.   I know smokers will hate it.  Oh well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2020
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...