Puppies in the piazza

Hello All,

I’ll be cruising the Ruby princess to Alaska May 2019. I saw that princess cruises has puppies in the piazza during the Skagway stop. For anyone that’s been there is there a line to take pictures with the puppies? Does everyone get a picture? What time do they arrive/leave? Sorry trying to plan shore excursions around this! 

On our cruise last summer they came on board at 3 pm.  We knew in advance that we would miss them due to an excursion but were lucky to see them being taken off the ship in their individual kennels when we returned around 4 pm.

If you like dogs, don't miss Libby Riddle's presentation the evening you'll be docked in Juneau.  She is the first woman to win the Iditarod race.  Her presentation will be held in the theater but she sets up a table outside it about 30 minutes earlier to talk to passengers and sell her books.  She also brings one of her retired sled dogs you can visit with.  We enjoyed talking to her and petting her dog.

We went a couple of years ago and saw the puppies on board.  They had a line for pictures, but also one of the handlers was walking around with a puppy so those standing/watching could have an opportunity to pet them.

DSC01606.JPG

Edited by mslaabs

We were on the Ruby in September.  The puppies were to be there 3 or 4 pm.  We thought we would miss them but they were late. My sister wanted to wait in long line to see them and we missed MDR early seating.  We were last in line and got really good pics. Line went fairly quickly.   My sister was very happy.  Puppies were really cute-nothing like what we saw in Yukon.