Cruise Critic Community

Asking for a friend (for real!).  Is it true that on all ships, you can’t book escape rooms untils you are onboard?  DH and I don’t do them, so we don’t pay attention...

My kids weren’t able to do it because it was booked! Make it a priority at guest services as soo. As they board!

You could not pre book the Escape room on the Anthem. I went to Two70 and booked when I got on the ship. It was so much fun.

I booked the escape room in advance for both Harmony in 2017 and Symphony in a week and a half.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I booked before the cruise on Harmony last year, and have booked the escape room on mariner for our cruise in a few weeks. 

We had a December cruise on the Symphony.  I thought I was pretty good about checking my cruise planner regularly.   I booked all our dining and entertainment but escape room opened up after general entertainment and I missed it prebooking it. I saw it was added a couple months before our cruise and it was sold out online except for one spot here or there.  

We got onboard at 11 and I went to On Air by 11:30 to try to book and it was sold out for entire week except for 2-3 random spots. We were a larger group so passed. 

I guess it depends on the ship. 

Edited by cindivan

7 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

19.99 + 18%

Can't imagine why anyone would pay $20 for this

Only thing worse than an escape room would be this..

missing the ship!

Oh well, just look at it as a difrnt sort of Sailaway experience.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6748409/Hapless-couple-look-Symphony-Seas-cruise-ship-strands-Bahamas.html?ito=social-facebook

11 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

19.99 + 18%

There is no gratuity added for the escape room. 

We don’t mind paying it, this is actually cheaper than land-based puzzle/escape room companies charge. The ones located around us are 25-30/person. 

Does anyone know how far in advance it opens up for booking?  I'm cruising on Symphony 4/13 and I still don't see it in the planner. 

10 minutes ago, mickeygirl78 said:

Does anyone know how far in advance it opens up for booking?  I'm cruising on Symphony 4/13 and I still don't see it in the planner. 

No set time, keep checking.

6 hours ago, Aplmac said:

Can't imagine why anyone would pay $20 for this

Considering it books up solid, I would say that your imagination isn't stretching far enough.

Dan

5 minutes ago, Bandit236 said:

Do they have this on the Allure?

Not presently.

6 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Has anyone been able to prebook it on Indy?

Yes, we pre-booked the Observatorium on Indy a couple months out last year. 

We did it on the Harmony. Was fun. Good thing I'm an adult and don't have to ask permission from certain stick in the muds. I would never have a good time.

Thank goodness for free will.

Edited by dwayneb236

35 minutes ago, EleventyBangBang said:

Yes, we pre-booked the Observatorium on Indy a couple months out last year. 

Sigh I'm torn, and haven't checked to see if we can pre-book for our cruise next week (will do that now) but I also never know what I'll be feeling like doing on cruise days so not sure when to aim to book it for 🙂

1 hour ago, ShillyShally said:

Sigh I'm torn, and haven't checked to see if we can pre-book for our cruise next week (will do that now) but I also never know what I'll be feeling like doing on cruise days so not sure when to aim to book it for 🙂

If I book an activity that I have to pay for on a sea day I usually shoot for shortly after lunch. But that’s because I usually sleep in, *maybe* exercise, have lunch and then am ready to start day.   If it’s nice and I’m happy at the pool after a couple hours I might not be ready to leave. 

Probably your schedule is different, but I think it’s helpful to shoot for shortly after your day gets gets going and you get too comfortable in a current situation. 

2 minutes ago, cindivan said:

If I book an activity that I have to pay for on a sea day I usually shoot for shortly after lunch. But that’s because I usually sleep in, *maybe* exercise, have lunch and then am ready to start day.   If it’s nice and I’m happy at the pool after a couple hours I might not be ready to leave. 

Probably your schedule is different, but I think it’s helpful to shoot for shortly after your day gets gets going and you get too comfortable in a current situation. 

You sound like my type of cruiser 🙂  I see in the App many of the poolside activities are posted so I'll check that to make sure we don't miss any we want - we've been there, done that with most of it but still usually enjoy them but we're taking a new cruiser with us this time and I want her to get all the first time fun 🙂

The escape room was free on the Anthem last time I sailed her. Does anyone know if there is an Escape room charge on the Anthem currently? 

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Does anyone know if there is an Escape room charge on the Anthem currently? 

Still free.